• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheetsPro for E-Ink Devices now available
Do you have "Enable editing of embedded PDF annotations" enabled? If you turn that off, does it maintain the correct placement? I'm guessing something is going wrong with the translation of the PDF coordinates for the annotation to the screen coordinates. I might need you to share the song with me (Long press song, tap Share->Export as .msf) so I can take a look at what is going on. Is this happening with every snippet you've tried? Did you make any changes to the song that resulted in this occurring, or did it immediately happen after creating the snippet?

Thanks,
Mike
(03-16-2021, 04:37 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Do you have "Enable editing of embedded PDF annotations" enabled? If you turn that off, does it maintain the correct placement? I'm guessing something is going wrong with the translation of the PDF coordinates for the annotation to the screen coordinates. I might need you to share the song with me (Long press song, tap Share->Export as .msf) so I can take a look at what is going on. Is this happening with every snippet you've tried? Did you make any changes to the song that resulted in this occurring, or did it immediately happen after creating the snippet?

Thanks,
Mike

Once I disable the editing of embedded PDF annotations, the snippet stays in place. On the same page I have snippets that don't move around, so it doesn't happen with all the snippets. My guess is that it started happening immediatley after creating the snippet. BTW you can see on the first page of this song that they are other snippets that were moved around after I created them (see below the penultimate staff).

I cannot attach the song .msf file , "type of file that you attached is not allowed". Here's a link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18DnsFP0...sp=sharing
Just a quick thanks

Got my Boox e-ink this morning, grabbed the link from the first page, bought the e-ink version, hooked my old tablet up to the PC, backed it up, hooked up the Boox to the BC, restored the backup, up and working in less than 30 mins. The oly "glitch" was that the PC app said it was uptodate on version 3.0.0 but the boox needed a newever version. So a quick download / install and it was all good !

Awesome.

Thanks !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hopefully something simple.
Black JPGs..
One of my show collection / setlists has all the songs but when I open the song the image is black..

I checked most of the setlist (19 songs) and they were all the same.

I had tidied Google drive up so I re uploaded one of the JPGs, re imported it and it's also black..

I guess it might be the jpg settings on this show as they were scanned in/converted as one batch so they might be different to others.

They are really good clear scans so I might have dropped the colour depth..

Suggestions ?
Can you please email the file in question to mike@zubersoft.com so I can take a look at it? Also, just to verify, you are using an e-ink device since you are posting in this thread, correct? If not, let me know which version you are using (Android vs Windows 10) and what type of device you are using.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike, you should have just got a link to Google drive where the files are.

I'm using a boox max 13.3 lumi with the eink version of mobilsheets. Droid 10.

The files were originally loaded into mobilsheets pro on a hanspree droid tablet, used for the show then they were backed up/ restored into the e ink version.

I reimported the files earlier as different songs but they are still displaying black.

If you need the files emailing rather than a link then I can do that tomorrow morning

Thanks
I imported science_fiction_002.jpg on my BOOX Max 2 Pro and it displayed fine. Does that file display as black for you? Often problems can occur if you have optimizations enabled for MobileSheetsPro. To disable the Onyx optimizations, go back to the home page of the device where are all of the apps are listed, long press on MobileSheetsPro, select Optimize, then turn off all the optimizations. On my BOOX Max 2 Pro, the easiest way to do this is to go to the Other tab and there is a switch at the bottom right I can toggle to turn everything off. I'm not sure if it's the same on the Lumi. 

If you encounter the same problems with optimizations disabled, then there are a couple of things to check:

1) Ensure night mode is disabled. 
2) Tap the center of the score to bring up the song overlay, tap the display options icon at the bottom left (looks like a gallery icon), then tap "Sharpness" and ensure that sharpness is disabled. 
3) Go to Settings->About and ensure you are running version 3.0.10 of MobileSheetsPro

Hopefully we can figure this out quickly.

Mike
Thanks - I've tried that except for the sharpness - I can't get that display options up. When I open the song (after disabling performance mode) I get a "wheel" with controls, bottom left has undo redo left right - I can't see a gallery icon

So I've

Disabled all optimisations
Disabled >> 1) Ensure night mode is disabled.
Unable to find >> 2) Tap the center of the score to bring up the song overlay, tap the display options icon at the bottom left (looks like a gallery icon), then tap "Sharpness" and ensure that sharpness is disabled.
3.0.10 >> 3) Go to Settings->About and ensure you are running version 3.0.10 of MobileSheetsPro

I checked and the the images are 8 bit colour. I re-saved the images for one song on my computer as 24 bit colour, re imported it and it is fine. I'll try a few other colour counts and see if it's only 8 bit that fails

I've re-enabled the application optimisations and with the 24bit image it is still fine.
I converted the image to a number of different colour depths (2 col / 4 col / 16 col / 256 col / 8 bit /24 bit) re imported them and they all worked including the re-saved 8 bit version. The file size doubled though so it must have been something in the file format..

What I will have originally done is scan them, crop them, batch convert them / resize in irfanview - I've tried re-batch converting them but the file size is still 1.4mb a file (rather than the (700k of the 'old' fie) I've deleted the old songs / re - imported etc,

I think it must have just been a save option in that particular batch in irfanview created a JPG that the library on my BOOX can not display. Probably a one off !
I'm glad you figured out what was going on. Just a side note - you had entered the annotations mode, which is why you couldn't find the options I was referring to. By default, if the stylus touches the screen, annotation mode will be entered. You can disable "Enter annotation mode with stylus input" under Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings if you don't want that to occur.

Mike
(04-08-2021, 03:45 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'm glad you figured out what was going on. Just a side note - you had entered the annotations mode, which is why you couldn't find the options I was referring to. By default, if the stylus touches the screen, annotation mode will be entered. You can disable "Enter annotation mode with stylus input" under Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings if you don't want that to occur.

Mike
thanks - I've just checked and sharpness was off Smile
eBug - Imported your .msf file, and testing with the latest build, I don't see any change in position for the pasted snippet. I'll have you test with the next update to see if the problem persists. If so, we will have to do some more analysis as to why the problem is occurring on your tablet. I'd be curious if you deleted the song and imported your own .msf file if it would fix whatever unusual error is occurring.

Thanks,
Mike
(04-08-2021, 08:43 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: eBug - Imported your .msf file, and testing with the latest build, I don't see any change in position for the pasted snippet. I'll have you test with the next update to see if the problem persists. If so, we will have to do some more analysis as to why the problem is occurring on your tablet. I'd be curious if you deleted the song and imported your own .msf file if it would fix whatever unusual error is occurring.

Thanks,
Mike

Ok, I'll wait for the next update. I faced the same issue with another score yesterday. When I rotate a page after annotating, the annotation doesn't rotate, be it with 'edit embedded' enabled or not.
Do you have any ETA for that next update?
That is not a bug - annotations don't rotate with the page. Trying to support that would be incredibly difficult. The only way an annotation would rotate with the page is if you embed the annotation in the PDF itself. I'm going to add a flatten option with 3.1.1 that will let you write all of the selected annotations to the underlying file if that is your preference. Then you could rotate the page and the embedded annotations will rotate with it. 

Version 3.1.0 is going to be released today.

Mike
(04-10-2021, 03:34 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: That is not a bug - annotations don't rotate with the page. Trying to support that would be incredibly difficult. The only way an annotation would rotate with the page is if you embed the annotation in the PDF itself. I'm going to add a flatten option with 3.1.1 that will let you write all of the selected annotations to the underlying file if that is your preference. Then you could rotate the page and the embedded annotations will rotate with it. 

Version 3.1.0 is going to be released today.

Mike

Hi, not sure whether you released 3.1.0 'today' but I don't see the update on my device, not sure if I have to pull it manually.

Eric.