• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Book mode with external display?
I was just wondering if there exists native support for "book mode"-like functionality when an external display is plugged into Surface Pro (i.e., one page displayed on the Surface display and one page displayed on the external monitor). In display options, I only see support for devices connected via Bluetooth or WiFi but no direct support for an external display. As it stands, it seems like I can display music on either the external display or the (internal) display of the Surface (or mirrored across both) but not extended across both displays.

If support for external displays is not currently supported, would it be difficult to add support for just one display? I would like to use MobileSheets with a USB monitor, so native support for displaying two pages at a time with an external display would be very helpful.
That's on my TODO list actually. I am working with a company that is producing a two screen device, so I will be needing to add support for this sooner rather than later. I don't have a sense yet for how much work this will be. The upcoming surface centaurus is another reason I will want to support spanning the app across multiple displays.

Mike
Just saw this while searching for multiple display support. Is there any progress with two (or more) screen mode?

Tablet: Surface Pro 8, 
Other: Strich BT-FP2, USB-MIDI connection to Kurzweil Forte 7
Not yet unfortunately - I just haven't had enough time to work on it yet. The company I'm working with switched to a custom Android device, so it wasn't necessary to work on this for Windows 10 for them.

Mike