• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duplicate File Error
I have a strange problem with one file that I'm tried to import using the Companion.  It tells me that the file name exists, so I reply to replace.  In the Songs listing, the file doesn't appear, nor does the old file that I replaced.  I tried changing the name by adding spaces, and rearranging the name, and the imports still say that the file exists, but they do not appear in the Songs listing.  However, ALL of them appear in the Recent listing.  How can I clear the 'phantom' listing so that I can import the file correctly?  BTW, this is the only song out of 300+ that displays this problem.  Thanks.
Bob Williams

Samsung Galaxy View 18"
Bob,

Are you still encountering this problem? I thought I saw you post this somewhere else, but when I went to respond, the post was deleted. If you are encountering this problem still, what type of file is it (PDF, image, text/chord pro file), and what settings have you changed under Settings->Storage in MobileSheetsPro? How many songs are listed on the songs tab? If you import the file, how many are listed after?

Thanks,
Mike
Sorry about the confusion - I had 'tagged onto' an existing thread, but didn't think you had seen it, so I deleted it and entered a new thread.  Yes, the problem is still with me on the one file.  The file is a PDF file.
Testing:
1.  I just tried importing the file again, no errors, normal messages that it was imported, and the Song counter increased, but did not show up in MobileSheets Pro.
2.  I renamed the file to Bob.pdf, and it imported correctly as 'Bob', and increased the song counter.  
3.  In MobileSheets Pro, I renamed Bob to the real name, and it disappeared again! 
4.  In MobileSheets Pro, I currently have a count of 312 Songs, and 341 Recent.

I can work around this problem, but it is acting weirdly.
Bob Williams

Samsung Galaxy View 18"
It appears there may be something in the song title causing the problem since in imports correctly as 'Bob'.
What is the exact name being used of the 'ghost' song that does not import? Is there another file with the same or similar name?
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
(05-14-2019, 12:00 AM)Skip Wrote: It appears there may be something in the song title causing the problem since in imports correctly as 'Bob'.
What is the exact name being used of the 'ghost' song that does not import?

Agreed - the exact file name is 'A Mighty Fortress Is Our God-LBW229.pdf'.  
I copied the pdf file and renamed it on the PC to 'A Mighty Fortress-LBW229.pdf' and it still does not import.
I copied the pdf file and renamed it on the PC to 'A Mighty Fortress.pdf' and it still does not import.

I just noticed that these files do not show up in the Companion after importing, and the Companion number of files matches the Songs number of files.
Bob Williams

Samsung Galaxy View 18"
Things just turned worse.
I used my music notation file to recreate the 'A Mighty Fortress Is Our God-LBW229.pdf' file and attempted to replace the file using the Companion.  MobileSheets Pro refused the file, and disconnected from the PC, citing differences in the databases.  Now, the Companion stops cold with the error: 'Database Creation Error.  Unable to create database file to transfer from PC.  Disconnecting....'  Now dead in the water.
Bob Williams

Samsung Galaxy View 18"
Please put this into the "I'M A DUMMY" category and close.
The database error was resolved after shutting down both the tablet and PC. All works fine now.
The problem file was named "A Mighty Fortress is Our God".  It kept disappearing every time I imported it.  The one import that worked correctly was when I renamed the fie "Bob".
Much to my chagrin, I realized that the file, AND all the variations, were listed under 'M', since it didn't put the 'A' into the search  Blush.
Bob Williams

Samsung Galaxy View 18"
I'm glad to hear everything is resolved. If you ever want to, you can change the behavior for ignoring articles by going to Settings->Library Settings->Ignore Articles While Sorting. Then "A Mighty Fortress..." would be sorted under A.

Mike