• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please, I want the IPAD version now!
Hello everyone, I have been a mbsp user on android but due to the problems that the samsung tablet gives (blackouts, restarts, etc.) I have changed to ipad pro, which in principle seems more reliable and powerful.
To give more confidence to the developer of the system and that can go faster, we could sign up here all the people who would be willing to buy the IOS version. I would be the first: Ipad pro + MBSP + firefly pedal = the perfect team.
Now I must use piascore, I do not like it, and I miss Mbsp a lot, so I want it to arrive as soon as possible.
thank you!
The iOS version is going to be created as soon as possible. I have to finish the annotations rework first so that I can use that as the basis for annotating in the iOS version. I'm also finally going full time on MobileSheets starting next year which will give me much more time, allowing me to finish iOS faster. I wish I could create the iOS version sooner, but as it stands now, it's largely a rewrite, because iOS uses a different programming language and different models for things like storage. While there are cross-platform solutions out there, they all have drawbacks, and many of them require you to rewrite your code using an intermediary language anyways, and I would rather have the iOS version be native so that it has the best performance and stability. I really appreciate everyone's support and patience. It's wonderful to know that so many of you like MobileSheetsPro more than the iOS apps already out there, as it gives me confidence that the amount of work required for the iOS version will be worth it.

Mike
Is Google's new https://flutter.dev any help?
(05-21-2019, 02:15 AM)abraham2000 Wrote: due to the problems that the samsung tablet gives (blackouts, restarts, etc.) I have changed to ipad pro

Funny. I have exact the opposite experiences.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Flutter requires you to write your code using the flutter language (which is a completely different kind of programming from java as it is declarative instead of imperative). For anything native that isn't supported by flutter, you have to write the native code and then add the glue to tie it all together. I utilize a large amount of OS specific functionality in each version, so I'd be running up against this problem repeatedly. The last time I checked, flutter also doesn't support all of the native stuff I would need. I do appreciate you bringing it up though, as more and more cross-platform frameworks are being introduced. A lot of people like react native, but once again, it has limitations and drawbacks depending upon what you want to do, and you run into problems when utilizing more complex platform specific functionality.

Mike
(05-21-2019, 02:35 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: ... I'm also finally going full time on MobileSheets starting next year which will give me much more time, allowing me to finish iOS faster. ...

I really wonder how you could build this app to its current state part time - this is just amazing! I'm looking forward to the future and a great time using MSP on any platform I like... as iOS and macOS get closer to each other, I may even be able to finally run it on my iMac some time in the future. Seriously, I wish you all the best and that you don't regret this decision!  Exclamation Heart
(05-21-2019, 06:40 AM)sciurius Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 02:15 AM)abraham2000 Wrote: due to the problems that the samsung tablet gives (blackouts, restarts, etc.) I have changed to ipad pro

Funny. I have exact the opposite experiences.

Yeah, I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 expecially for the purpose of displaying and annotating sheet music together with a bluetooth pedal and I NEVER had any issue with it. That is more than can be said of other pieces of hardware and software I own...

Nonetheless some of our band prefer iOS and want to stick to it because their whole ecosystem at home is built around it. Nonetheless they envy me for MSP Pro every time so I think as soon as the iOS Version arrive they will take the leap.... That will be nice for rehearsal if we all use the same app...

On a sidenote: Annotating just got even better with the latest update - impressing improvement on palm detection which makes for fantastic usability now. Only the floating button "Stylus mode activ" could be way smaller....
Same here. The two band members that still use iDevices always look with envy at the MSPro using others. They can't wait to switch to MSPro as well.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).