• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blank screen
Exclamation 
Today i started the application since a week. And now I can't do anything. I get the following screen:

[img] https://tweakers.net/ext/f/687s7NjgBx9jd...N/full.png[/img]

I updated the application and it does not fix it.

Microsoft Surface Book 2
Windows 10 Pro 1809 17763.503

Mobile Sheet Version 2.6.5.0
I am investigating this issue with several users right now as I'm unable to reproduce it myself on any of the machines I've tested on. I should hopefully have an idea about what is causing the issue very soon. If you need to downgrade immediately so that you can use the app, contact me at mike@zubersoft.com, otherwise an update should be available within a day or two if I can locate the source of the issue today.

Mike
(06-05-2019, 07:17 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I am investigating this issue with several users right now as I'm unable to reproduce it myself on any of the machines I've tested on. I should hopefully have an idea about what is causing the issue very soon. If you need to downgrade immediately so that you can use the app, contact me at mike@zubersoft.com, otherwise an update should be available within a day or two if I can locate the source of the issue today.

Mike

Thanks for the fast reply. I'm currently updating the May2019 update. If it is fixed, I will report back to you.
(06-05-2019, 07:57 AM)Gulpener Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 07:17 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I am investigating this issue with several users right now as I'm unable to reproduce it myself on any of the machines I've tested on. I should hopefully have an idea about what is causing the issue very soon. If you need to downgrade immediately so that you can use the app, contact me at mike@zubersoft.com, otherwise an update should be available within a day or two if I can locate the source of the issue today.

Mike

Thanks for the fast reply. I'm currently updating the May2019 update. If it is fixed, I will report back to you.

After updating  windows using the link shown in other topics, the problem is resolved.

I'm not at Windows 10 Pro 1903 1862.145

Topic can now be closed.
Oh and now it's back again Sad
I'm having the same problem on Surface Pro 4. !!!
I have located the cause of this problem. When I query for available MIDI devices, if a bluetooth MIDI device shows up in the list (meaning it appears in device manager), then I attempt to connect to it using the approach recommended by Microsoft in their documentation. However, if the device is not actually connected, the call to connect hangs forever. So I'm having to make some significant changes to the code I was using to query for available MIDI devices and connect. As a workaround, users experiencing this problem can unpair with the MIDI bluetooth device and remove it from device manager. Then MobileSheets will connect successfully. I'm working on putting together an update right now to fix the issue.

Mike
You could try connecting to it in a thread - this would prevent the GUI freezing  (but obviously harder to code)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I did try that at first, but I didn't want to leave zombie threads around (await/async makes this messier than normal threads). My new approach works alright though.

Another user told me that turning off Bluetooth was enough to get past this issue. So that's another workaround until my update is approved. 

Mike