• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
msb file: companion ok, error on tablet
Hi - first of all thanks for MSP, I have been using it since 2014 with great pleasure!

I recently had to reset my Galaxy Note 10.1 and reload from an msp file. Unfortunately, while an update from a 2017 msp-file works perfectly, the most recent one from last month gives  error messages of missing external files (Dropbox?). However, I can read that backup in MSP companion and extract all data from it.

Any chance I could get that recent backup to work again? There are many annotations in there...

Cheers
Urs
Hello Urs,

Yes, we should be able to get the backup file to work again. I may need to get you to share the backup file with me at mike@zubersoft.com.  Just to verify - you can take a song that shows up with a missing file after restoring the library backup file, and extract that file from the backup using the companion application? If so, that's a really good sign.

Thanks,
Mike
For anyone that sees this post, the database file had corrupted values in it. This is tolerated better on Windows, but Android handles this by completely deleting the database file. So I had to fix the database file first then upload a new backup file for Urs.

Mike
Mike fixed it all! 
Many many thanks for this!! 
I have never had such great support for an application!

Urs