• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error writing database backup to disk (windows10)
I am using MobileSheets on two windows 10 and one Android device (samsung s9 plus mobile phone).  I tried to synch my database which is 13GB in size between the two windows PCs. This  worked fine, but synching afterwards with the android device failed (system hang at 75% completed).

Then I wanted to work around this problem with the idea of backing up the database from the windows pc to disk in order to restore the database on the android device afterwards from disk. But now I get the error message that the database file could not be written to disk.  The backup worked for me fine several times before when the database was a bid smaller than 13 GB.

Is there a size limit for a database to write to a disk?

Any idea why I get this error message?
There is a size limit on Android (as files on Android cannot exceed 4 GB in size), but there should be no file size restriction on Windows.  How much space is available on the Android device if you look at the tablet settings? 

If you want to restore the backup file to Android, you'll need to use the companion application (https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/companion.html). At some point I'm going to allow backups to be spread across multiple files to support large library backups on Android, but for now, the companion app is the only way to handle this. 

Mike