• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotations Disappear When Re-sizing Window
Bug 
I have annotations on ChordPro pages, when I change the window width/height all the annotations disappear (particularly when the windows width is reduced so that some annotations become 'offscreen') and I can only get them back by restarting the application.

Can you have a look at this.

Thanks,
Colin
I am seeing that issue too - I'll look into it and get it fixed. This problem is specific to text/chord pro files.

Thanks,
Mike

Update:

Have a fix in place now for v2.8.0.
(12-14-2019, 03:13 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I am seeing that issue too - I'll look into it and get it fixed. This problem is specific to text/chord pro files.

Thanks,
Mike

Update:

Have a fix in place now for v2.8.0.
May I add, that annotations disappear if the page order is being changed as well.On a file with 2 pages, when changing the page order, to show only the 2.page, the annotations made on the 1. page move to page 2. When editing the page order back to pages 1-2, the annotations stay on page 2.
electricOdysseas

Windows 11
Android
MobileSheetsPro
Editing page order is a more complex topic. I make attempts to ensure annotations are not deleted if at all possible. So when you delete the first page, those are shifted to whatever becomes the first page next. However, when you change the page order back to 1-2, I detect that the annotations that were on the first page are actually tied to page 2 of the file, so I shift them over. The alternative is to just permanently delete all of the annotations on a page if you remove it in the page order. If you think that's the right way to go, I'm happy to make that change.

Mike
I don't use this but can see a case for both mechanisms.
Perhaps you could prompt the user to ask whether to shift or delete? (this would probably result in the user cancelling the operation so that they could review the annotations before repeating it)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6