• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manual File Transfer
Hello, I really hope that somebody can help me here.  I have used Mobilesheets Pro on my tablet for a few years now and love it.  The problem is that my tablet took a dive to the concrete and the LCD/touchscreen is completely unusable.  I can, however, connect via USB and browse my files.  I went to the Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files folder and copied everything to my google drive.  My problem is that when I copied all of those files onto my new device, Mobilesheets doesn't recognize them.  I could not find a mobilesheets.db file on my tablet anywhere, either.  Is there something else that I need to do to restore my files?  There are quite a lot of them (over 1000)
UPDATE: See my next post

In order to get access to mobilesheets.db, you would have needed to enable Settings->Storage->Expose Database. By default, the database is stored in the application data directory which is at /data/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files which is inaccessible unless your device is rooted. If you happened to create a library backup at any point, then the database file would be in that .msb file and it can be extracted using the companion application. 

Did you ever happen to enable USB debugging on that device? I'm assuming you probably didn't but if you did, then I would have a way to help you recover the data. What we would need to do is, I could provide you a new installer for MobileSheetsPro that you could install using ADB on your PC. You'd push over the installation, the app would load, my special build would copy the database over to the Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files folder and then you would be able to copy it to your new device. Let me know if this is the case. 

Mike
Here's another idea - hook up a mouse to the tablet and then you don't need the touchscreen at all, you can switch the expose database setting in MobileSheetsPro and copy the database file off. Way simpler and it should work just fine.

Mike