• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
copying msf files between windows and android
As I recently bought a windows tablet I have an android and windows tablet now. If I read the msf files of the android all the annotations are double. Another issue is that the size of the annotations is not exactly copied. This makes that finger settings are not always above the right note anymore,

Joop
Same for this. No reactions?

Joop
I must have missed this post - my apologies. The annotations certainly should not be doubled. I'll run through some tests to see if I can reproduce what you are seeing. As far as the annotations not looking exactly the same on Windows 10, that's due to the very different way in which annotations are rendered on Windows 10 versus Android because I utilized Microsoft's default framework for rendering. The upcoming annotations redesign is switching the Windows 10 version to Win2D, which means it will use a rendering framework that is very similar to what Android uses. This should hopefully result in the annotations matching up perfectly between Android and Windows 10. There is nothing I can do in the meantime to address this - you'll have to wait for the redesign to be finished.

Mike
Hi Mike,

thanks for the reply, good to know that you are working on this. It would be good if both platforms are completely exchangable.  I switch now between Android and Windows, probably that will become more common.
I cannot reproduce the problem with annotations being doubled, so I'll either need a copy of both a library backup on your Android tablet and the .msf file you generated, or you can wait for the redesign to be finished and see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks,
Mike