• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobilesheets shutting down unexpectedly
I've been using Mobilesheets for a few years, until with a cheap Chuwi HI13 tablet which finally gave up on me so it was time to switch to something else.

I have now a Microsoft Surface Pro X and so far it's been looking good, except that quite often MSP shuts down when switching songs. No error message, the app simply shuts down. It doesn't happen at the same moment, it's always a different song, but it does happen often, almost every time actually at some point in the setlist.

I checked the event viewer and found an error message there, I'm attaching it to this post.

Any idea as to what this could be? I've never had this problem with my old Chuwi tablet, I wonder if it could be some sort of compatibility issue with the ARM chip on the Surface. The tablet is brand new, I have literally only installed MSP on it and no other software so far.
(02-02-2020, 10:14 PM)bandoneon Wrote: I've been using Mobilesheets for a few years, until with a cheap Chuwi HI13 tablet which finally gave up on me so it was time to switch to something else.

I have now a Microsoft Surface Pro X and so far it's been looking good, except that quite often MSP shuts down when switching songs. No error message, the app simply shuts down. It doesn't happen at the same moment, it's always a different song, but it does happen often, almost every time actually at some point in the setlist.

I checked the event viewer and found an error message there, I'm attaching it to this post.

Any idea as to what this could be? I've never had this problem with my old Chuwi tablet, I wonder if it could be some sort of compatibility issue with the ARM chip on the Surface. The tablet is brand new, I have literally only installed MSP on it and no other software so far.

Looks like the attachment didn't make it, so here's a link to it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6nmdw8fjhjmr98...8.JPG?dl=0
Can you please go to Settings->Display Settings->Render Preference, set it to "Speed", and let me know if the same crash occurs? I'm trying to determine if what you are seeing is an error in the XAML framework versus an error in the PDF library. I did discover that my crash reporting is still messed up (just finally fixed it), so I'm not receiving any crash reports, making this problem more difficult to investigate. If the error is in the XAML framework, it's possible the changes I'm making to switch to Win2D for rendering may help with what you are seeing.

Thanks,
Mike
I just tried that, I'm afraid the same thing happens.
The exception code seems to be different though, see here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/06k4pc5jkapg2q...9.JPG?dl=0

Wonder what this is...thanks for looking into it.
If you want to experiment with several builds to see if we can pinpoint the problem, let me know (send an email to mike@zubersoft.com so I can send you instructions).  Without crash reports, I can only guess at what might be going on. It's most likely an error in Microsoft's UI framework which instantly crashes the application as I have no way of catching the error. So with some custom builds, I can start to disable a few UI components that have caused issues in the past and we can see if those are responsible.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

Do you think this issue is specific to the Surface X? I imagine so, as using the exact same setlist on my laptop (Lenovo Yoga 910) there are no crashes.
I'd be happy to try different builds, but I will be returning this tablet today as I am not happy with it (due to other reasons), so I'm afraid I won't be able to do any more tests with it...

cheers
S
Hello, 

I'm having the same problem, with a Surface Pro X.

Here you have the details of the error in the event viewer.  Could you give some advice?

Nombre de registro:Application
Origen:        Application Error
Fecha:        23/02/2020 19:53:36
Id. del evento:1000
Categoría de la tareaSad100)
Nivel:        Error
Palabras clave:Clásico
Usuario:      No disponible
Equipo:        DESKTOP-6TDL73V
Descripción:
Nombre de la aplicación con errores: MobileSheets.exe, versión: 1.8.7.2, marca de tiempo: 0x5e2a0de5
Nombre del módulo con errores: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, versión: 10.0.18362.657, marca de tiempo: 0x23fd4bf9
Código de excepción: 0xc000027b
Desplazamiento de errores: 0x004fe4e3
Identificador del proceso con errores: 0x1970
Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01d5ea675a058709
Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_2.8.9.0_arm__ys1c8ct2g6ypr\MobileSheets.exe
Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll
Identificador del informe: 99e2d930-a476-40a9-b5af-8c1bf72dc5d2
Nombre completo del paquete con errores: 41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_2.8.9.0_arm__ys1c8ct2g6ypr
Identificador de aplicación relativa del paquete con errores: App
XML de evento:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-02-23T18:53:36.474123200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>5774</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-6TDL73V</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>MobileSheets.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.8.7.2</Data>
    <Data>5e2a0de5</Data>
    <Data>Windows.UI.Xaml.dll</Data>
    <Data>10.0.18362.657</Data>
    <Data>23fd4bf9</Data>
    <Data>c000027b</Data>
    <Data>004fe4e3</Data>
    <Data>1970</Data>
    <Data>01d5ea675a058709</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_2.8.9.0_arm__ys1c8ct2g6ypr\MobileSheets.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll</Data>
    <Data>99e2d930-a476-40a9-b5af-8c1bf72dc5d2</Data>
    <Data>41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_2.8.9.0_arm__ys1c8ct2g6ypr</Data>
    <Data>App</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>
As mentioned previously, there really isn't any way for me to determine what error is occurring on the Surface Pro X based on the event viewer information. If you want to work with me with some diagnostic builds, we could try to pinpoint where the problem is, but otherwise, I have no way of reproducing the problem myself as I don't have a Windows device with an ARM processor to test on.

Mike
I have a few questions for you - I assume you are testing with PDFs, correct? If you test with only image files (or text/chord pro files) does the application shut down in the same way, or does it only crash when loading PDFs? If it only occurs with PDFs, if you go to Settings->Display Settings->Render Preference and switch it to "Speed", does the error go away?

Thanks,
Mike
Hello, yes I would be interested in working with you with several builds, please let me know.
Yes, I only work with pdf files.  Render preference is switched to "speed" and the error still occurs.
Thanks
(02-02-2020, 10:14 PM)bandoneon Wrote: I've been using Mobilesheets for a few years, until with a cheap Chuwi HI13 tablet which finally gave up on me so it was time to switch to something else.

Have you ever tried to switch off "load all songs of the setlist"?
I had a few crashes every time when I was in an setlist. After I turned off "load all songs...“ I never had a crash until now. I thought my a few years old tablet is the problem.. But maybe you want to give it a try. Here my post: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=6133
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
I don't recall seeing this issue mid-February but...

I am now experiencing a crash whenever I attempt to import a local txt file.   
After selecting the filename, the import details screen opens then the app crashes. (PDF files import no problem.)

Running v 2.8.9 on an MS SurfaceBook Intel i5-6300U CPU with Windows 10.0.18362 Build 18362

While you noted earlier that the Windows event viewer isn't much help, it references
Faulting Moduie name: Windows.UI.Waml.dll version 10.0.18362.657

Any help would be appreciated.
John L.
Another user experienced a similar issue when running Windows 1903 (a.k.a 10.0.18362). For him, the app crashed when using Import->Local File, so it might not be exactly the same. After updating to Windows 10 version 1909, the issue went away. You can consider going to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software.../windows10, clicking "Update Now" and then updating to version 1909. If that is not the issue, I'm going to need to see an example of one of the text files you are importing.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike

I tried updating Windows10 to the latest Nov update 10.0.18362.628 Build 18363 as you suggested. 
Unfortunately, it didn't fix the problem with Local File Import. Running MobileSheets 2.8.9. SurfaceBook 64bit 8GB.

I also tried using Batch Import and while it doesn't immediately crash, it seemed to take forever and when it finally returned the dialog box, having successfully imported 1 of 1 files, the app was hung up and wouldn't respond to close the dialog.
Cursor was still active so I closed the app to escape.
Tried Local File Import again; still crashes immediately.

What can I provide you to troubleshoot this issue?

john L
If the app crashes after importing any type of file (image, PDF or text/chord pro file), then I'll probably need you to back up your library under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library and share the .msb file with me at mike@zubersoft.com. If the app only crashes after importing a text or chord pro file, please email one of the files you are testing with to mike@zubersoft.com along with a screenshot of the settings under Settings->Text File Settings. If it crashes on importing even the most simple example of a text/chord pro file (just a single line of lyrics, for example), let me know.

Thanks,
Mike