• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landscape Mode - awkward half-pages
I'm just starting in MobileSheets by playing with it on my desktop machine with landscape monitor. I've only loaded 2 songs so far (a .PNG and a .PDF, each one portrait page) and in both instances a half-page break cuts between the chordnames, the staff, and the lyrics on one line. What's the normal way to prevent this from happening without having to edit each file to force a blank section in the middle to avoid inconvenient splitting? I should add that I may well end up using these in my tablet in portrait mode, where it won't be a problem (hence the lack of desire to edit each page), but I'd like to know how it would function in landscape mode. Is vertical scrolling the only solution to this?
You have multiple options:

1) Load your score when in landscape, tap/click the center of the score, then click on the display mode icon at the bottom (to the left of the page scaling icon). In the display mode dialog, uncheck "Display Half Pages in Landscape". Now the pages won't be doubled in size.

2) If you leave "Display Half Pages in Landscape" enabled, you can also enable "Half-page turns in landscape mode". If you do this, a new icon will be displayed at the bottom of the song overlay. Tap that icon to set the half page turn position for each page. If you do this, you can ensure no content is cut off between each page turn. 

3) Use a different display mode such as the vertical scrolling display mode. 

It really just depends on how you want to use the app and how much time you want to spend setting up each song. There are even elaborate solutions like doubling each page in a song's page order and then using cropping to split each page in half, so that you use the full screen but each page turn is horizontal.

Mike
(02-28-2020, 02:52 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: You have multiple options:

1) Load your score when in landscape, tap/click the center of the score, then click on the display mode icon at the bottom (to the left of the page scaling icon). In the display mode dialog, uncheck "Display Half Pages in Landscape". Now the pages won't be doubled in size.

2) If you leave "Display Half Pages in Landscape" enabled, you can also enable "Half-page turns in landscape mode". If you do this, a new icon will be displayed at the bottom of the song overlay. Tap that icon to set the half page turn position for each page. If you do this, you can ensure no content is cut off between each page turn. 

3) Use a different display mode such as the vertical scrolling display mode. 

It really just depends on how you want to use the app and how much time you want to spend setting up each song. There are even elaborate solutions like doubling each page in a song's page order and then using cropping to split each page in half, so that you use the full screen but each page turn is horizontal.

Mike
Very helpful! Thanks, Mike.