• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSP with Yamaha Tyros5 & Midi
Hello everyone. This is my first post.

I would like to use MobileSheetsPro in the following manner with a Yamaha Tyros5 keyboard.

Hardware that I have.
 An older Windows 10 laptop 2.40 ghz(does not have touch screen)
 4 USB 2.0 ports.
 1 HDMI port
 Bluetooth version 2.1
 Wifi

I plan to purchase a touch screen monitor and have it connected to the laptop using the laptops HDMI and USB 2.0 and extend the laptop desktop to the touch screen monitor. The touch screen will become my main monitor.

I want to connect the MIDI out port on the Tyros5 to the laptops USB 2.0 port using a MIDI to USB 2.0 cable and have MSO send/receive MIDI to/from the Tyros5.

I will also pruchase either a bluetooth or USB 2.0 page turner pedal.

I have text files converted from chordpro format that have a songs lyrics with the chord above the lyrics.

So here are my questions.
1. Will I be able to use Mobilesheetspro on the tochscreen monitor? (I plan on using it in landscape mode).
2. Will I have to place the touch screen into tablet mode using Windows 10? or can it stay in W10 mode?
3. Can MSP communicate using MIDI going thru the USB 2.0 port that is connected to the Tyros5 MIDI port?
4. Can MSP display text files?
5. If the text file display exceeds the page lenght of the screen, can the next page be displayed by using the page turner pedal?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Hello,

1. Yes, you should be able to use MobileSheets on the touchscreen monitor. If it's not considered the primary display, you may need to take MobileSheets out of fullscreen mode, move it to that monitor, then go back into fullscreen mode.
2. You can stay in desktop mode.
3. Yes, that should work just fine.
4. Yes, it can display text and chord pro files.
5. Yes, you can certainly use a page turner to switch pages when using text files.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mike
Mike,
Thank you very much.  I appreciate your help.  I should have the touch screen, pedal and cables in about 2 weeks. At that time, I will install MSP

Thanks again.