• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boox Max3 Problems with Annotations Editor
I am a very new User of MobileSheetsPro on a new Boox Max3.  I am attempting to add annotations to a piece of sheet music.  When I enter the annotations editor, my screen is frozen and I am unable to make any tool selection.  I cannot cancel or save.  Previously, I was able to get into the editor, but when I tried to save my changes, it seemed to freeze the application.  I was forced to perform a hard reset.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I'm sorry to hear you are running into issues with the annotations editor. When a problem like that occurs, it's due to my use of the Onyx library to allow for faster annotations with the stylus. Have you checked for firmware updates on your Boox Max 3? I want to make sure you are running the latest firmware. If a firmware update doesn't help with this issue, then I will need to work with you to get past this issue.

Mike
(08-20-2020, 02:33 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'm sorry to hear you are running into issues with the annotations editor. When a problem like that occurs, it's due to my use of the Onyx library to allow for faster annotations with the stylus. Have you checked for firmware updates on your Boox Max 3? I want to make sure you are running the latest firmware. If a firmware update doesn't help with this issue, then I will need to work with you to get past this issue.

Mike
Thank you for your quick reply.  I had previously uploaded the latest firmware updates.  I have found what might be part of the issue.  I changed the display setting back to full screen mode and tried this again.  I was able to select the drawing tool and add a hand written note.  It allowed me to save.  When I attempt to add text from the onscreen keyboard, it will not accept any input.
At least part of the issue is now working and I can mark up my music by hand.  Let me know if I can provide any further detail to help clarify the issue.

Jim
If you select the text tool, it should disable the optimizations that are necessary when using the stylus in freeform mode. If you tap to create a text annotation and then type on the keyboard, nothing is shown? If you tap the circle at the top left and then tap "Stylus Mode" to disable it, are you then able to create the text annotation? It's very weird that not having fullscreen enabled caused that major issue... The new annotation design doesn't require a separate editor screen, so that issue should go away with the next major update. I'll be beta testing the e-ink version after the Windows 10 beta version is finished.

Mike
Thanks again for your immediate reply.  Everything seems to be working in the annotations editor when the display setting is set to Full Screen.  When I go back and turn that setting off, I have the same problems.  The Circle in the upper left helped a great deal and I also realized that I needed to enter on the keyboard with my stylus instead of my finger.

I am just learning how to use the software but so far I love it.  Thank you again for all of your support.

Jim