• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Database location
Hello,

I have all the library of songs in my SD card.  I have also the setting 'Expose database' enabled.  I can see the database files .db and .db-journal in the app storage default location  android/data/com.zuber.../files.
Is there a way to have the database files also in the storage location copy that is in the SD-card?
I'd like to be able to have all files safe should my tablet is corrupted or the internal storage fails.
Is there a setting for that?
Thanks
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
At the moment, MobileSheetsPro does not keep a copy of the database both under the default storage location as well as the current storage location (assuming they are different). If users would like me to copy the database over either when the application is first started or before it closes, I can do that. I don't want to frequently copy the file though, as I don't want additional I/O happening in the background (this can be slow with some SD cards, and it would lock the database while the copying is occurring). 

As a side note, you can always manually copy the database file to the SD card periodically to have a copy just in case.

Mike
(09-13-2020, 04:47 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: At the moment, MobileSheetsPro does not keep a copy of the database both under the default storage location as well as the current storage location (assuming they are different). If users would like me to copy the database over either when the application is first started or before it closes, I can do that. I don't want to frequently copy the file though, as I don't want additional I/O happening in the background (this can be slow with some SD cards, and it would lock the database while the copying is occurring). 

As a side note, you can always manually copy the database file to the SD card periodically to have a copy just in case.

Mike

Maybe just a reminder box every so often when closing the app about making a backup of database. Nice compromise IMHO.
Please no such pop-up!
I have established a habit when to make backups regularly (and recommend to do so). I don't want to be annoyed by pop-ups all the time.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
One of the reasons why I'm obsessed with backing up is because on a couple of occasions, while adding /saving annotations, the screen went black except on a few spots and it corrupted the DB. I restarted the app and even the tablet but the song kept coming up black.
Restoring my latest backup saved my day.
Has anyone encounter this problem?
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal