• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v3.0.0 Released
Not at the moment. If having a dedicated zoom option/tool for this when touch detection is disabled, that is something I can certainly consider for the future. I think a tool would be easier to use so you control where the zoom will take place. The tool could be set up so that a single tap zooms in 5-10% on the touch point, or if you draw a box, it zooms to fit that box to the screen.

Mike
Great idea. But No worries, just asking. Thanks for your work. Really enjoying the new Version.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
Is it necessary to have the annotation top bar?  It seems redundant when the wonderful radial menu can access practically all the same tools. 
Or maybe add an option to hide the top bar similar to the current option to hide the radial menu?

Also I used to have the top right corner assigned to 'Return to library' in touch actions and it was working in both display and annotation modes.  This doesn't work anymore in any of the modes.
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
(12-24-2020, 03:12 AM)pianistslogic Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 03:05 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: ...
pianistslogic - That's definitely not intended. You should be able to pan in any direction if stylus mode is enabled. I'll take a look at that. Is that with the Windows 10 version or the Android version?

I see. It's the Android version, Samsung Tab S3 using stylus mode (but I think non-stylus mode has the same issue, IIRC). Simply updated the app from the Play Store. Thanks for your work!

Actually, if you use two fingers you can pan in any direction but you need to pinch-zoom a little before you can pan left and right.   Panning up and down always works with one or two fingers.
Alternatively you can always use the 4 arrow pan tool.
Donner BT pedal
(12-24-2020, 06:20 AM)palosanto Wrote: Is it necessary to have the annotation top bar?  It seems redundant when the wonderful radial menu can access practically all the same tools. 
Or maybe add an option to hide the top bar similar to the current option to hide the radial menu?

You could hide the top bar if you press the little arrow next to the x. Top left
(12-24-2020, 06:33 AM)McAroni Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 06:20 AM)palosanto Wrote: Is it necessary to have the annotation top bar?  It seems redundant when the wonderful radial menu can access practically all the same tools. 

You could hide the top bar if you press the little arrow next to the x. Top left
I already tried, then it hides the radial menu also ...

Correction:  The second icon on the left next to the 'x' minimizes the bar. Probably good enough.
Donner BT pedal
Thank you for all your work!

I just wanted to add on about the same issue - I am on windows 10 (surface pro 6), and cannot one-finger pan when stylus mode is on and touch input is enabled. (two-fingered gestures are temporarily a workaround) Similarly, I cannot three-fingered tap to get out of the annotations mode (though I can three-fingered tap to get in).
This should Not be. Shure you pressed the arrow Not the x?
(12-24-2020, 06:38 AM)McAroni Wrote: This should Not be. Shure you pressed the arrow Not the x?

Sorry, I misread your post, I just answered exactly that in Post #21, haha  Big Grin
Thanks!
Donner BT pedal
I do not allow the toolbar to be removed completely, but as you have discovered, it can be minimized. I wanted there to still be a quick way to exit the editor and also get the toolbar back if needed, so I figured that was a decent compromise. 

palosanto - I just tested the return to library action after assigning it to the top right corner and it worked just fine. I do not support touch actions when annotating though, so you'd need to exit the annotations mode first.

tchowmusic - I just tested the three finger tap gesture and it exited the annotations mode just fine on my surface pro 4. If you go to the settings window in the annotations mode, can you verify that the three finger tap is assigned to "Exit"? 

I will work on fixing the panning issue. I also find that it's far too easy to trigger a page turn in the Android version while trying to pan with a finger, so I'm either going to remove this option completely or require a much more explicit fling action to turn pages. Would people prefer I keep this option of swiping to turn pages, or remove that to prevent accidental page turns and require users to only use the page turn buttons?

Thanks,
Mike
As I have the touch recognition turned of while annotation mode, I personally use the buttons down left, or the half transparent version.
(12-24-2020, 06:45 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: palosanto - I just tested the return to library action after assigning it to the top right corner and it worked just fine. I do not support touch actions when annotating though, so you'd need to exit the annotations mode first.

Mmm, 
I had always assigned the top left and middle areas to 'Annotate song' and the top right to 'Return to library'.

I used to be able to return to library in both situations (annot and display) with both the finger or the stylus.  No I can only return to library while in display mode and only with the finger.  If I tap with the stylus, the annotation menus show up.
Donner BT pedal
If you do not want to enter the annotations mode automatically with a stylus, go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings and uncheck the option to "Enter Annotation Mode with Stylus Input". Perhaps in the e-ink version I should disable that by default as many users use their stylus for interacting with the screen beyond just annotating.
(12-24-2020, 07:01 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you do not want to enter the annotations mode automatically with a stylus, go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings and uncheck the option to "Enter Annotation Mode with Stylus Input". Perhaps in the e-ink version I should disable that by default as many users use their stylus for interacting with the screen beyond just annotating.

Thanks Mike, I did that and now I can return to library with stylus also.  
I also noticed the new (I think) auto-save changes in the annotation settings menu but the auto-saving when turning pages seems to be now gone and the 'cancel' and 'save' are also missing in the top bar.
Is that correct or maybe my dpi settings are hiding the last icons on the right?   My last icon is the grid.
Donner BT pedal
All saving is now automatic, and it occurs when exiting the annotations mode. On top of that, you can have MobileSheetsPro automatically save changes at an interval, so that if you are making annotations for a long period of time, saves will be made along the way in case something happens like the tablet running out of power and dying (so that all of the changes aren't lost). 

You can no longer cancel the changes - this is by design as it's easy enough to just hit undo a bunch of times to revert changes, and it lets me commit changes to the database without having to deal with trying to roll them back if the user cancels (which would be a little bit of a nightmare).

Mike