• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v3.0.0 Released
Help! Went through half of "new release" forum and didn't see this issue posted. Can't believe I may be the only one experiencing this but here goes:

The scaling on my (existing) annotations is completely off. They appear to be ok at the top but by the end of a 1-2 page txt file the are up to 2 inches off. It seems to be a vertical creep only but hard to tell. My options are to change the txt file scaling and hope things line up or move each annotation. Both options are unacceptable. And changing the txt file scaling may not even be an option if this is vertical creep only because then it will be off horizontally.

This may be a txt file problem only. The one pdf I looked at that had annotations looked ok.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition
Android 5.1.1
Have you tried to reset the Crop and zoom of your file? Even cycling through the scale modes is worth a try.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
(01-20-2021, 11:45 PM)McAroni Wrote: Have you tried to reset the Crop and zoom of your file? Even cycling through the scale modes is worth a try.

I don't want to tweak 100 files in any way individually. They were fine and now they're not.
I have sent you a prviate message T.B. Player. I'm hoping the next release will fix the issue you are seeing, but I'll need you to test an early build to be sure.

Thanks,
Mike
Could you possibly add in an option to disable the ability to go to the previous song with the pedal, Mike?
Surface Book 3 15"
Donner Page Turning Pedal
If you go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings, there is an option to prevent song changes with the pedal (so that only a tap will change songs). Is that not sufficient for your needs?

Mike
(01-21-2021, 03:36 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings, there is an option to prevent song changes with the pedal (so that only a tap will change songs). Is that not sufficient for your needs?

Mike

I'll double check when I practice later, but I'm pretty sure it still let's me go to the previous song with the pedal, but not the next song
Surface Book 3 15"
Yep, the pedal goes back to the beginning of the previous PDF even when "Prevent pedal from changing songs" is on. 

Also, I have a PDF right now that I just straight-up cannot annotate in. Every time I try to use any tool, a get a loading wheel and an immediate crash. Please help!
Surface Book 3 15"
The option to prevent pedals from changing songs only applies if you are using the "Go to previous page" or "Go to next page" pedal actions. If you are using the "Go to previous song" or "Go to next song" actions, that wouldn't apply, because that would basically mean you have selected settings that will do nothing. So in that instance, I do allow the pedal to switch songs. This is actually important for some scenarios, such as having a four pedal unit where you use two switches to turn pages, and two switches to switch songs, so that you can prevent accidental song changes, but still switch songs with a pedal press.

I just tested on my PC and could not switch songs using the "Go to previous page" or "Go to next page" pedal actions. If you are using those same actions and can change songs, I'll need to get more information about the test you are doing. 

As far as the PDF, please long press the song, tap Share->Export as .msf and send the .msf to mike@zubersoft.com. I'll take a look at it and see what I can find. I haven't seen any crashes reported for v3.0.4 that seem related to that.

Thanks,
Mike
Version 3.0.4 is a huge improvement overall.  Thank you!

...but I hope you won't mind a few more (hopefully minor!) requests: 

Can we have an option to make the floating selection toolbox movable, the way that the nudge tool is now?  I still find that most of the time I want to move an annotation, it ends up moving down -- and yes, I realize that the toolbar disappears while the nudge tool is being used, but as soon as the move is finished the toolbox reappears, making it difficult to judge whether the new position is correct.

Next, I can't find the comment where you talked about this, but I understand that the reason why changes to tool settings (stamp size, highlight colour, etc.) no longer apply to the currently selected annotation, but only to new ones, is that some people found it confusing when they weren't expecting existing annotations to change.   But is there any chance we could have an option to restore the previous behaviour, while leaving the new behaviour as the default for new users?  I ask because the old method was very helpful for changing stamp sizes in particular: With the new method, if a stamp isn't the right size, all I can do is delete it, guess at the correct size, and try again, repeating until the size is correct.  With the old method, I could adjust the stamp size and watch the stamp get bigger or smaller until it was correct.

Finally, I really wish there were a way to abandon all changes made during a given annotation session.  Sometimes I experiment with adding new annotations or modifying existing ones, but decide that I preferred the previous version.  I know it's possible to keep pressing undo, but it was much easier when there was a way to quit without saving.

Apart from this, the new version is perfect for the way I use it.  Thanks again!
When you say the floating selection toolbox, do you mean the edit bar that appears below annotations when they are selected? That's not really something I believe should be movable or need to be movable, because it's position needs to be updated every time a new annotation is selected, including if that annotation is moved. Making it something that can be moved means complicated behavior where it's moved position is only temporary until the list of selected annotations changes or something like that. If you want to have some kind of option to hide that bar while annotations are selected, that you would then have to switch off if you want to see the edit bar, I can support that, but that seems rather tedious. Or I could add an option to anchor it somewhere on the screen, like below the selection icon in the toolbar, or in a corner. Or I could consider some way of making the edit bar collapsable/expandable. Perhaps if it's collapsed, an icon shows up somewhere else like the undo/redo bar at the bottom right to expand it, or in the overflow menu of the toolbar. I'm up for suggestions, but I don't really want to make that bar draggable. As a side note, is there a reason you can't just tap away from the annotation to deselect it, then tap it again if you need to select it to adjust it?  I realize that could be tedious as well if you have a large number of annotations, but I just wanted to ask to be sure.

I can't really support both the old and new approaches (at least not well). The reason is, in the old design, you could have annotations selected, and then change the settings in the windows and it would apply those changes to the selected annotations (and the tool windows would be updated to reflect the settings of the selected annotations). In the new design, if you tap the selection tool, then select a stamp, the only way you could modify the stamp settings is if you left the stamp window up or if you use the radial menu. Stamps are probably the only one with a separate window that stays up to let you modify settings. If you wanted to modify a freeform annotation, using the radial menu would be the only way, because you can't view the pen dropdown without first tapping to select the pen tool (which deselects all annotations). It seems easy enough to select a stamp, tap edit and then adjust the size with the slider, as you can see the changes to the size in real time (although there is an issue with the edit window and the edit bar not updating their position after the stamp size changes, so I willl have to fix that). If users really prefer the idea of selecting an existing stamp, then using the stamp window to modify the settings for that stamp versus going through the edit window, I will consider that, but it kind of goes against the design for every other tool, and that kind of inconsistency can get a little confusing for users. 

As far as abandoning changes, I'm not going to add support for canceling out, because it adds a ton of complexity with not being able to write anything to the database (because then I can't easily roll back the changes unless I leave the database in a transaction without ever ending the transaction which would mean data could be lost if the device turned off unexpectedly), and also requires a lot more complexity with having to deal with copies of everything, because the original song object can't be modified until the user saves. I'm fine with adding support for a "undo all changes" option that would basically be the equivalent of hitting undo over and over. You could then trigger that before exiting. Some actions can't be reversed though, such as creating layers and adding snippets (although I'm looking into design changes to potentially support undo with snippets), which was part of the drive for me to no longer support a cancel option, because it everything gets messy and complicated otherwise. 

Mike
Yes, I do mean the edit bar.  Anchoring it near the selection icon in the toolbar would be fine for my purposes -- all I really want is to have it completely out of the way of the area where I plan to move the annotation.  I understand why you chose the existing method, because it seems natural to have the bar appear near the selected annotation; it's just my bad luck that more than 90% of the time, the direction I want to move the (newly created and) selected annotation happens to be straight down.  As for your side note suggestion, yes, that would work, but you're right that it would be tedious.  I'd greatly prefer to have the bar pop up far from the selected annotation, which I agree is preferable to making it movable; I'd have suggested that myself if I'd thought of it.

Thanks for explaining why there's no easy way to support both the old and new approaches.  Perhaps my problem could be solved a different way, by adding a change size tool (perhaps as a new icon on the edit bar?), which would pop up a pair of buttons to increment or decrement the size of the selected annotation.  Would that be a reasonable thing to do?

Finally, I'm not sure I fully understand the difficulty of abandoning changes, but in any case an "undo all changes" option would be just as helpful.

Thanks!
Would you be okay if I add a new option for the selection edit bar placement in the settings popup, and the supported values are "Below selected annotations" (default), "Top Middle", and "Bottom Middle"? If I want to avoid having to get new translations, I might just put "Default" instead of "Below selected annotations". 

As far as sizing, I'm still torn on that one. Is there a reason you don't want to just drag the selection handles for the stamp to resize it? If you enable the option to select stamps after creation, you can place a stamp, grab the corner handle, resize it to the proper size and you are done. This is especially easy if you have a stylus.  I just want to make sure you are aware that you can do this.

For the "Undo all changes", would it be acceptable to just support doing that if the undo button is long pressed versus having to add another toolbar overflow menu option and/or radial menu option? I thought about it some more, and if I did want to support an option to cancel, the simplest approach would actually be to create a copy of the file before any snippet is placed, and to also copy the entire database file before any modifications. If the user made changes and canceled, I could close the database file and replace it with the copy (although messing with the database file is not my favorite thing to do in case any I/O failure occurs). Likewise, if a snippet was placed, I could then just revert the file to the copy. So that's one potential option if I did want to support that in the future.

Thanks,
Mike
Yes, adding the option as you describe would be perfect.

I didn't realize that dragging the selection handles for a stamp was even an option, probably because most stamps are so small that it's impossible to see the individual handles even when zoomed in all the way.  But I'd prefer to set the size anyway, so that new stamps of the same type will be correctly sized to begin with.  This is where I digress into the problems I had with stamps in older versions of MobileSheets Pro, namely that the size of any given stamp changed when moving from one device to another (because the devices in question didn't all have the same screen resolution), and that some stamps were much, much larger than others (in particular, at the same size that worked perfectly for accidentals, the dynamic markings were enormously, unusably huge -- so I'd have to shrink them down, and then the next accidental would be too small to see).  In any case, I'd really prefer to find a size that works and just have it applied for all new stamps, rather than have to adjust every one.

Yes, long press on undo would be fine.
(01-23-2021, 02:13 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: For the "Undo all changes", would it be acceptable to just support doing that if the undo button is long pressed versus having to add another toolbar overflow menu option and/or radial menu option?
Mike,
How did the old "Cancel" button work?  I imagine that this is not an option because of the Autosave?

Juan
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal