• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrolling Issues
Hi all,

I have changed tablets and now have a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 which is running Android. I used to have a Samsung Tab A 10.1 which I had an option to choose the scrolling direction of vertical and a few other scrolling options that I could bring up a menu in the bottom left hand corner to allow me to change these options.

Since installing Mobilesheets Pro on this tablet that option is no longer there?

Am I missing something here or has an update recently removed this menu/options. Currently I only seem to be able to have the sheet music going left to right which I don't want as it seems to not suit my needs for various speeds that I want to set for each score.

When I previously set up my scrolling options I would set it to scroll continuously and then go into the other menu and fiddle around with other scrolling options to get things right.

Anyone else missing this menu/options in relation to scrolling or how can I get this other menu in the bottom left to start showing again.

Cheers Mal
It sounds like performance mode has been enabled. To disable performance mode, tap the lock icon in the floating toolbar at the bottom right corner of the library screen. This same toggle can be accessed by tapping the bottom right corner of the screen while a song is loaded to display the quick action box. Once you've disabled performance mode, tapping in the center of the score will bring up the song overlay, and then you'll have access to change the display mode and the other settings.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Mike
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply, I have tried both methods and nothing changes. I have the application for windows 10 and right clicking brings up the menu without any issues. So on my tablet with performance mode enabled, pressing the middle of the screen advances the pages. With performance mode disabled I get the tool bar at the top of the screen which I can't find an option for the issue mentioned and nothing happens when I touch the middle of the screen.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers Mal
Check in your touch settings if you have enabled a different way to bring up the overlay. There is also long press and swipe up or down too.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
Thanks for the reply, nope nothing being changed in there helps. This is getting frustrating now  Dodgy  Big Grin
Hey Mal. When you have the toolbar at the top of the screen the settings for changing the scroll behaviour will be at the bottom left of the screen. Cheers, Guy
Hey Oz,

I only get the option below left in the attached screenshot with the toolbar showing up the top? Any other thoughts?

Cheers Mal

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-03-2021, 09:58 AM)Mal-Aus Wrote: Hey Oz,

I only get the option below left in the attached screenshot with the toolbar showing up the top? Any other thoughts?

Cheers Mal

You are in annotation mode. Exit clicking on the x at the top left  to be in view mode and then click on the center of the screen, then you'll find the top and bottom bars.
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
Ok so when I click on the X it closes the top tool bar but after a second or two it pops back up.

Cheers Mal
(01-03-2021, 10:29 AM)Mal-Aus Wrote: Ok so when I click on the X it closes the top tool bar but after a second or two it pops back up.

Cheers Mal

Are you sure you are not touching the screen at the top after exiting annotation mode with the x?
You might have the top center area assigned to 'Annotate song' in touch action settings and tapping that area will bring the annotation toolbar again.
Donner BT pedal
Hi guys, for anyone else that is stuck I have found the solution. In touch and pedal settings there is an option for annotation mode with stylus input, this is checked I believe in the default settings. I unchecked this and problem solved.

Thanks for the suggestions along the way to all!

Cheers Mal
(01-03-2021, 10:47 AM)Mal-Aus Wrote: Hi guys, for anyone else that is stuck I have found the solution. In touch and pedal settings there is an option for annotation mode with stylus input, this is checked I believe in the default settings. I unchecked this and problem solved.

Thanks for the suggestions along the way to all!

Cheers Mal

You got it!  Actually I remember having a similar issue a while ago  Smile

It should probably be disabled by default rather than enabled ...
Donner BT pedal
Yeah agreed I think unchecked for default would make more sense. Maybe something to consider Mike.

Anyway all good now, thanks again.

Cheers Mal Smile
Do most people use their stylus for interacting with the screen when not annotating? Most people don't know to dig into the settings and I've heard time and again that people want to be able to start annotating the second they touch their stylus to the screen. So it seems like I'm in a lose-lose situation here. I just assumed most people would use their fingers to interact with the screen unless they were actually going to write/draw something.

Thanks,
Mike
I absolutely prefer to work like this as it is in the new version. As i have an tablet with stylus i Love the Feature to get into annotation Mode just like that. I only use the stylus for annotations. Thats normal working like with old Fashion paper. I dont take the pencil to turn the page. :-) i used to use my Fingers.
And come on guys if there is something new like the awesome annotation feature, there is a chance that something changed. Mike took a lot of time to explain the new features in the manual. Take a look there too.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7