• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple of requests
Hi,  I would like to have a couple of things added to MSP:

1.- Single staff with treble key similar to existing piano staff.
2.- I use intensively the command bar window and I wish it was expandable at least horizontally (or even better in both directions) to be able to see more favorites rather than having to scroll to see the hidden ones.  For me it would eliminate having to rely on opening two more windows (favorites and stamps) to have readily available everything I use often.

Hopefully these features are not too hard to implement?

Thanks - Juan
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
1) This one isn't terribly difficult persay, I would just have to edit all of the vector graphics files used for the piano staff to create new files for a single staff with treble key. Then I'd have to add a fair amount of code for handling the new tool in the annotations editor. So it will be a time-consuming process, as the level of effort is doubled with having to do the same thing on the Windows 10 side (where the rendering is slightly different). I don't think I can just slip this in an update, so I'd rather wait until the iOS version is completed. I also think that users are going to want access to a slew of different tools for creating dynamically sized markings, so I want to come up with a generic solution that can be used to handle all of them. This will take more time up front to come up with a good design, but will reduce the time required to implement additional tools in the future.

2) I can either make the default size larger, or I can play around with trying to see if there is an easy way I can allow the bar to be resized. I'll look into this - if the level of effort isn't too large, I can try to slip it in an update.

Mike
(03-27-2021, 05:29 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: 1) This one isn't terribly difficult persay, I would just have to edit all of the vector graphics files used for the piano staff to create new files for a single staff with treble key. Then I'd have to add a fair amount of code for handling the new tool in the annotations editor. So it will be a time-consuming process, as the level of effort is doubled with having to do the same thing on the Windows 10 side (where the rendering is slightly different). I don't think I can just slip this in an update, so I'd rather wait until the iOS version is completed. I also think that users are going to want access to a slew of different tools for creating dynamically sized markings, so I want to come up with a generic solution that can be used to handle all of them. This will take more time up front to come up with a good design, but will reduce the time required to implement additional tools in the future.

2) I can either make the default size larger, or I can play around with trying to see if there is an easy way I can allow the bar to be resized. I'll look into this - if the level of effort isn't too large, I can try to slip it in an update.

Mike

1) I didn't realize that there was so much work involved. I thought that it was only a matter of making a copy of the existing one and just removing the lower staff with the rest being the same including the code for the resizing and automatic bar lines.
2) That would be great, thanks Mike.
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal