• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphic issues post sync library
I had some annotations (graphics, text) written in a score. I've started "Sync library" (between Windows 10 and Android tablet) and after this process all the annotations have been moved. This is an old issue. Please, someone knows why this happens? I hope it can be fixed somehow asap... 

Thank you.
Are you running version 3.1.9 on both devices? If I had to guess, there is something going on with the "version" field for the annotations. If they were created before version 3.0.0, but the version field indicates they were created after 3.0.0, that mismatch would cause them to render incorrectly. I can verify this if you email me a copy of the database file (mobilesheets.db). It would be best to get that file on the device they are now rendering incorrectly on. If it's an Android device, you'd need to enable Settings->Storage->Expose Database and then you can find the database in the storage location. 

Mike
(05-28-2021, 06:31 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Are you running version 3.1.9 on both devices? If I had to guess, there is something going on with the "version" field for the annotations. If they were created before version 3.0.0, but the version field indicates they were created after 3.0.0, that mismatch would cause them to render incorrectly. I can verify this if you email me a copy of the database file (mobilesheets.db). It would be best to get that file on the device they are now rendering incorrectly on. If it's an Android device, you'd need to enable Settings->Storage->Expose Database and then you can find the database in the storage location. 

Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm running the latest version 3.1.9 on both devices. These annotations were created like 1 or 2 months ago, quite recently, therefore v. 3.0 was already installed on my devices. I'm sending you the database file. However, where do I find the database on Windows 10? 

Thank you.
The database file for Windows 10 is in the default storage location folder: C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState

How significantly are the annotations moved after the sync completes? I'm assuming your songs use PDFs, correct?

Thanks,
Mike
(05-28-2021, 05:45 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: The database file for Windows 10 is in the default storage location folder: C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState

How significantly are the annotations moved after the sync completes? I'm assuming your songs use PDFs, correct?

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks for the info. Annotations are significantly moved, it seems even moved to different pages... Yes, it's a PDF file.
I have your database file now - can you let me know which song I should be looking at to analyze the annotations?

Thanks,
Mike
(05-29-2021, 01:52 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I have your database file now - can you let me know which song I should be looking at to analyze the annotations?

Thanks,
Mike

Oh sure sorry forgot, this one: Mistheria plays Vivaldi's The Four Seasons on Piano

Thank you!
I can't see anything wrong with the annotations for that song based on what is in the database. So I will have to see if there is some way I can reproduce what you are seeing. Are there any basic steps I should follow beyond just creating various annotations and then synchronizing the library to Android? I'm assuming you created the annotations on the Windows 10 side and then just synchronized to Android. Let me know if that is not the case. Also, I'm assuming you initially set up the song on the Windows 10 side. If that is not true, also let me know that.

Thanks,
Mike
I just set up the following test:

1) Annotated a song on the Windows 10 side by adding one instance of every type of annotation
2) Synchronized the library to an Android device with an empty library. The song loads fine and looks identical to what is on the Windows 10 side.
3) I updated the annotations and added more on the Windows 10 side
4) I synchronized the library again to Android. Again, the annotations appear identical to what is on the Windows 10 side.

If this is not working for you, I'm going to need specific instructions for how to reproduce the problem, because at least with this simple test, everything works exactly like I would expect.

Thanks,
Mike
(05-29-2021, 08:58 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I just set up the following test:

1) Annotated a song on the Windows 10 side by adding one instance of every type of annotation
2) Synchronized the library to an Android device with an empty library. The song loads fine and looks identical to what is on the Windows 10 side.
3) I updated the annotations and added more on the Windows 10 side
4) I synchronized the library again to Android. Again, the annotations appear identical to what is on the Windows 10 side.

If this is not working for you, I'm going to need specific instructions for how to reproduce the problem, because at least with this simple test, everything works exactly like I would expect.

Thanks,
Mike

I knew that it would have worked for you. I didn't nothing else than running "sync library". Then opened the score, and the annotations were moved. It's not the first time it happens on several scores. Thanks for testing it, really don't know...
Hi Mike,
as you can imagine, these two red rectangles annotations (screenshot attached) were not sure meant to be there Smile  Them were highlithing some notes/chords to fix in the score. After synchronization, them were moved there in the empy/blank part of the page.

Also, I've discovered that in that score I've named here previously, the last two pages were cut (deleted!) after the synchronization.

Can you discover what happened? I'd like that this won't happen again...

Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Are the pages cropped at all? Which page scaling mode are you currently using? Are you using a one-way sync or a two-way?

The quickest way to resolve this is probably for you to share a library backup file from the device where the file is correct, and I can synchronize that to my other device, and see if I can reproduce the issue. Is the Windows 10 device correct and the Android device incorrect, or the opposite? What type of Windows 10 device are you using? Is it a Surface Pro? If you go into the Windows 10 display settings, what is the scaling set to? I think the default is 200% for surface pro devices. If you switch that to 100%, do the annotations shift? I'm just curious if that is somehow related to the issue.

Thanks for your patience as we figure this out,
Mike
The pages are not cropped, but this should not create an issue. I don't have the correct file anymore, the sync created two wrong files.
Sync type is two-way.
OS is Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks.
Can you still share a library backup file or will that not be possible? I just want to test with all of your same settings and see if I can trigger the problem in some of the songs in your library. I wasn't performing a two-way sync during my testing, as that generally is much messier when it comes to synchronization, so I will switch to using that to see if it is somehow related. If you can't share a library backup file, then at the very least, it would help to have all of the .xml files under the Windows 10 version's default storage location (the LocalState folder). Another option would be for you to export some songs using Share->Export as .msf, and I can test with those, and see if I can trigger the same behavior you are seeing. I just know that with my basic tests, I can't reproduce it at all, so I'm either missing something or doing something differently than you.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,
I've just found on my laptop the previous file including the correct annotations (not moved), because I didn't sync it yet. So, I've just sent that file to you to compare with the "corrupted" version, and analyze it, hope it helps.
Thank you.