• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to cut/paste things drawn on blank pages?
Using MobileSheets on a Surface Pro 7. Loving the app but really needing to be able to do the following:

1. Create blank page for writing out a chart with the pen from my Surface Pro
2. Be able to edit what I have written in using simple area cut and paste functions. For example, being able to draw a box or other shape around some of what I have written and then do simple cut/paste or drag functions, as if I was using a graphics app. 

From what I can tell, this can only be done with pdfs using the snipping tool... Am I missing something? I really need to be able to combine loaded pdf charts with editable charts that I have handwritten and I want to do all of that in MobileSheets. Is that possible? 

Thanks in advance-
Try highlighting the annotation then use the copy tool. The copy tool and the delete tool are in the popup when you use the selection. Hope that makes sense.
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
You can copy/paste any annotations you have created in MobileSheets itself. With PDFs, you can use the snipping tool to copy part of the page and paste it into a different page. That is not possible with images or text/chord pro files, because those files don't support a concept of annotations. In order to support pasting images on top of those files, I would basically have to embed all of the image data in the database itself, which would drastically increase the size of the database file and potentially impact performance. That is not something I want to do.

Mike
If you don't want to scan blank staff pages or use the staff tool here's an interesting site I just found last week:

https://www.blanksheetmusic.net
(08-01-2021, 04:01 PM)BRX Wrote: If you don't want to scan blank staff pages or use the staff tool here's an interesting site I just found last week:

https://www.blanksheetmusic.net

Thanks, BRX, I can see that potentially coming in handy.

Jeff