• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to Import from Old Tablet to New Tablet. Desperate on how to do it.
Absolutely loosing it right now because I'm just not getting it.  How to import 1100 songs from an old tablet to a new one.  I paid for the service on both.  just can't figure it out.  I have gigs coming up starting tomorrow.   Please give me a simple way to do it.  

Michael Huh
Just go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, generate a .msb file on the tablet or in the cloud, transfer that to the other tablet if not using the cloud, then use Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup and select the .msb file. That will copy over the entire library and all settings. Let me know if you encounter any problems with this.

Mike
Mike,

I backup in the old tablet and it does generate an .msb file on the tablet.  My problem is I can't find it when I go to import into the new tablet.  Where is it?
Well you would have had to have selected a folder to create the backup file in. For example, if you create the backup file under /storage/emulated/0/Downloads, then when you connect your tablet to your PC using a USB cable, you should be able to view the internal tablet storage and view the Downloads folder to see the .msb file. It may be easier if you upload the backup file to the cloud. If you already created a backup file, use the Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive app to upload the file, then restore the backup file from the cloud on the new tablet.

Mike
(08-20-2021, 07:58 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Well you would have had to have selected a folder to create the backup file in. For example, if you create the backup file under /storage/emulated/0/Downloads, then when you connect your tablet to your PC using a USB cable, you should be able to view the internal tablet storage and view the Downloads folder to see the .msb file. It may be easier if you upload the backup file to the cloud. If you already created a backup file, use the Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive app to upload the file, then restore the backup file from the cloud on the new tablet.

Mike
Mike,

Sorry about that.  I should explained that I've backed up into Local Files, Google Drive, and One Drive on the old tablet.  When I go to Import on my new tablet I can't find it anywhere.   Just a low tech guy trying to get it done.
How are you trying to import on the new tablet? Are you selecting Import->Local File or one of the other import options? If so, that won't work. You have to go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup. I just want to make sure you are using the correct approach before continuing further.

Mike
(08-20-2021, 09:37 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: How are you trying to import on the new tablet? Are you selecting Import->Local File or one of the other import options? If so, that won't work. You have to go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Restore Library from Backup. I just want to make sure you are using the correct approach before continuing further.

Mike

Mike,

What a beautiful sight to see it unfold into my new tablet.   Thanks so much!

All set.

Michael
Happy to help!

Mike