• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem updating Favorites
On my e-ink tablet (not sure if it also happens on color tablets) there's a problem when updating Favorites to 'current settings'.
I have mostly stamps in my favorites so I'm not sure whether or not this happens with other objects:

If I long click on a stamp in the favorites window or in the command bar favorite section and select 'update to current settings', the stamp changes randomly to another stamp and from there on, clicking on other favorites keep changing them even without asking to update them and remaining highlighted.  It's a real mess ...
Pretty sure that refreshing has a role but its more than that because the favorites are permanently changed not just waiting for a refresh.
Please take a look to it.  If you cannot reproduce it I'll try to send a video.

Thanks
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
I believe I've located the error causing this. It basically was a race condition between when the favorite would be updated and the images used in the window would be updated, which caused incorrect images to be cached. I can't reproduce the issue with tapping other favorites causing them to change unexpectedly, but this fix may also address that if the problem is due to the same thing (which is likely). I can see if the problem shows up on my e-ink device as I've been testing on my regular Android tablet.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike,
The problem seems to be still there unless I misunderstood the intention of "Update to current settings".  If I long-click on a favorite stamp and select "Update to current settings"  the symbol changes altogether to whatever stamp happens to be selected in the stamps window, even though the favorite that I'm selecting is a different one.
I thought  that it updates only the properties of the favorite but not the actual stamp itself.

So for example, I have stamps A, B, C, etc.  I select A in the stamps window and change the size from 10 to 12. 

Problems:
1.-  If I look at B and C they have also changed to 12,  why?  I just wanted A changed ....  ok, nevermind I'll carry on   (A is still selected in the stamps windows btw)
2.-  Now I go to favorites and long click on A and choose "Update to current settings"  and the size is changed, that's good ...
3.- BUT I choose now B (also in favorites) and choosing "Update" changes the symbol from B to A!    The same happens when I do the same in favorite C.  I just wanted the size changed, not the stamp itself!

So I see 2 problems (or maybe they are by design)

a.- Changing the size of one stamp changes also the size of all the others even though I just changed one of them (as described in 1 above)
b.- Symbols change as described in 3 above.
Donner BT pedal
Long pressing on an icon in the favorites will not select it - it just shows the menu for that setting. So if you are selecting favorite A, then updating its settings, then you long press favorite B and select "Update to current settings" without ever actually tapping it to switch to it, it will just favorite B to match favorite A. I do select the favorite after it's been updated for convenience though. Is that what is happening here? I can't think of any other reason the sizes for the favorites would impact each other. If you select favorite A at size 12, then tap update to current settings, then you tap Favorite B which is size 14 and tap update to current settings, nothing should happen. It definitely should not change favorite B to size 12.

Mike
(09-18-2021, 09:20 AM)palosanto Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 09:05 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: So if you are selecting favorite A, then updating its settings, then you long press favorite B and select "Update to current settings" without ever actually tapping it to switch to it, it will just favorite B to match favorite A.
Does updating a favorite includes changing the actual stamp image or only the properties?   That's what happening to me ...

(09-18-2021, 09:05 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I can't think of any other reason the sizes for the favorites would impact each other. If you select favorite A at size 12, then tap update to current settings, then you tap Favorite B which is size 14 and tap update to current settings, nothing should happen. It definitely should not change favorite B to size 12.

I was talking about the actual Stamps library, not as favorites.  If I select a stamp and change its size, the other stamps size also change. That's why their corresponding favorites change too.

Sorry ignore the last sentence "That's why their corresponding favorites change too."  

EDIT  Ok,  I see that the key element here is to select the favorite before "Udating to current settings".  Selecting the favorite also selects it in the Stamps window and will get the properties from it (including the icon itself).
However, the problem described above about the size changes on one stamp affecting all stamps still remains ...  (I'm talking in the stamps window, not the favorites)
Donner BT pedal
There is only one setting for stamp sizes - it's a global setting that impacts any stamp that is created. There is not a size setting per stamp as that would involve having to store hundreds if not thousands of individual size settings.

Mike
(09-18-2021, 09:55 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: There is only one setting for stamp sizes - it's a global setting that impacts any stamp that is created. There is not a size setting per stamp as that would involve having to store hundreds if not thousands of individual size settings.

Mike

Ok, that explains it.   Thanks Mike.
Donner BT pedal