• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what tablets are you running?
Just curious what people are using. I've got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

It's my first Android device, like it a lot better than my iPad...
(04-15-2012, 12:38 PM)cesibley Wrote: Just curious what people are using. I've got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I'm using an Asus Transformer (first generation). It also has a 10.1" screen which, in my view, is just large enough for showing sheets of music.
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one, they say....
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one, but still they come
(04-15-2012, 04:43 PM)Mederiacvm Wrote:
(04-15-2012, 12:38 PM)cesibley Wrote: Just curious what people are using. I've got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I'm using an Asus Transformer (first generation). It also has a 10.1" screen which, in my view, is just large enough for showing sheets of music.

I'm very new to tablets and MobileSheets and bought the former to run the later a couple of weeks ago. I'm using an Arnova 9 G2 ('cos they're dirt cheap, runs Gingerbread 2.3 and has a 4:3 ratio 9.7inch screen).

What are you using to turn pages? This week I got a cheap Scythe dual USB pedals set and this seems to work just fine. It's is a lot more solidly built than I anticipated for the price (it mimics a keyboard and you get some PC software to set up the characters it fires off for each pedal).
I am using the Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet.
No stage stand yet and no pageturning (prefer bluetooth) yet.
(04-15-2012, 06:13 PM)600dpi Wrote: [...]

What are you using to turn pages?

I'm using the Airturn Bluetooth footpedal and I like it very much. It's very small so it easily fits in my gigbag along with some pieces I still have in hard-copy.
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one, they say....
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one, but still they come
I bought the Pageflip Cicada Bluetooth pedal. I like it pretty well, looks better in person than it does in the photos on the web. Seems to work good, although made of plastic build quality seems pretty good.

(04-15-2012, 06:13 PM)600dpi Wrote: I'm very new to tablets and MobileSheets and bought the former to run the later a couple of weeks ago. I'm using an Arnova 9 G2 ('cos they're dirt cheap, runs Gingerbread 2.3 and has a 4:3 ratio 9.7inch screen).

You and I have the same story, bought my tablet because of Mobilesheets. Already had an iPad, but haven't even picked it up since I got the Tab. the iPad seems so one dimensional compared to the rich experience Android provides.
(04-15-2012, 11:00 PM)Mederiacvm Wrote:
(04-15-2012, 06:13 PM)600dpi Wrote: [...]

What are you using to turn pages?

I'm using the Airturn Bluetooth footpedal and I like it very much. It's very small so it easily fits in my gigbag along with some pieces I still have in hard-copy.

AirTurn appears to be the "benchmark". I've also tried several versions of the software (MusicReader) but didn't really like it at all...

(04-16-2012, 12:52 AM)cesibley Wrote: I bought the Pageflip Cicada Bluetooth pedal. I like it pretty well, looks better in person than it does in the photos on the web. Seems to work good, although made of plastic build quality seems pretty good.

(04-15-2012, 06:13 PM)600dpi Wrote: I'm very new to tablets and MobileSheets and bought the former to run the later a couple of weeks ago. I'm using an Arnova 9 G2 ('cos they're dirt cheap, runs Gingerbread 2.3 and has a 4:3 ratio 9.7inch screen).

the iPad seems so one dimensional compared to the rich experience Android provides.

Well that's good to hear ;-)
I run a Kindle Fire and a Transformer Prime. Still feeling my way around but this sure beats anything else I've tried for my huge tune collection.

Ken
Toshiba Thrive 10". Works great with MobileSheets.
I am using a Motorola Xoom (V1) 10.1" - I bought the tablet because I am a geek and do all sorts of things on it - but I do a lot of theatre work (as a hobby) performer not musician, and I was diheartened when I first got my tablet that there was no sheet music app available. All of my Apple Fanboy friends show off how they can have all of their sheet music on thier iPad etc... and it was almost enough to make me buy an iPad.
But then this app was released Smile I am really looking forward to the annotations update!!
I use a Motorola Xoom too.

For page turning, I am going to make a pedal with 2 footswitches from an cheap USB keyboard. You can plug a USB keyboard into the Xoom, via the micro-usb connector, and it will work. All you have to do is wire 2 footswitches to the PageUp and PageDn buttons.
I am running the cheapest of the cheap Chinese tablet that I could find, because I wanted to try it out before going for anything more expensive. I can safely say that, despite the tablet being absolutely shockingly bad, the app runs very well and I've had no problems.

Playing outside is a no-go, though, unless you have a glare resistant screen protector. I've decided that I'm going to wait for the 10" Kindle to be released and go for that!
I'm using a Acer Iconia Tab A500. MobileSheets is running great for me and I'm also using the PageFlip. I'm experiencing an issue with Bluetooth randomly disconnecting, but I'm afraid its tablet related. I've had the pedal sitting on my keyboard less than three feet away, and it has still happened.

Glad to see the forum up here.
I am looking at the newer Acer Iconia A200 but I was waiting to see if an app like this existed. Based on comments here, this looks like the perfect app. I play lead/rhythm guitar and sing, and I'm tired of carrying around notebooks. So I guess I'll buy the tablet now and then buy this app. And thank for the advice on the footpedal for turning pages.
I have a Asus Prime but am looking for cheap tablet to stay with my gear. Used a cheap 7 Polaroid $100 tablet that is OK for lyrics and playing audio tracks. The trick with a small tablet is to mount it close to the Mike if you sing.