• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connection to Companion
Hi Mike

FYI

When I "Connect to Companion", a popup window is displayed showing the connection (as it should)

Clicking on the entry usually opens the connection and the companion reads the database.
However, every now and again, the tablet looks as though it is set up to go but the windows pc just waits (trying to read the database?)

Disconnecting both ends and turning wifi off/on on the tablet allows the two devices to be connected.

It's been doing this for several months i.e. nothing to with any recent changes.

I know wifi switching off/on is your advice but I thought this was aimed at the connection box not being displayed rather than the connection failing.

It's not a biggy, just a bit annoying

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I'm not really sure how to reproduce that - I've never encountered it and it seems rock solid to me on every attempt. I just connected, disconnected, reconnected over and over and it worked every time. There are a lot of factors here - the configuration of the devices, the router, WiFi versus wired ethernet, etc. So it's hard to know where the problem might lie in your environment that causes it to sometimes not work. If you have some recommended steps I can take to reproduce the issue, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mike