• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chromebook Leader - Connected tablets
I've tried and tried but I cannot get chromebook to be the leader for connected tablets. I have 3 android tablet and a chromebook. I can easily make any android tablet the leader but cannot make the chromebook the leader. Has anyone had success doing this?
If you make the Chromebook the leader, the messages it is sending will hit the firewall in ChromeOS and the other tablets won't see it. So you have to tap the "Direct Connect" button and enter the IP address of the Chromebook (which you have to look up in the Wireless settings on the device) in order to connect to it. Did you already try this?

This post explains more about the firewall and finding the IP address: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=8068

Mike
(05-25-2022, 08:28 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you make the Chromebook the leader, the messages it is sending will hit the firewall in ChromeOS and the other tablets won't see it. So you have to tap the "Direct Connect" button and enter the IP address of the Chromebook (which you have to look up in the Wireless settings on the device) in order to connect to it. Did you already try this?

This post explains more about the firewall and finding the IP address: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=8068

Mike

I've been using bluetooth connection. It does not seem to have direct connect.
I can confirm I have no problem to connect Pixel Slate (Chrome OS) as a leader/master (using Bluetooth) to other Pixel Slates and Fire HD 10 (Android) and Nexus 7 (Android) or my Android phone.
What I do is:
- switch on Bluetooth on all devices
- in MobileSheets start "connect devices" on both devices
- for the first time you will need to create "new leader"
- within "Manage Device Connections" pop-up, on Chrome OS leader device, I would tap on "Connect with last used settings" which would start another dialog: "MobileSheets wants to make your phone visible to other Bluetooth devices for 120 seconds" which you need to allow.
- then the leader will be discoverable on other devices
- on follower/slave device tap on the leader within "Device Groups" which will turn leader green and then tap "join group".
- for the first time you'll need to confirm/allow Bluetooth connection between devices within Android and Chrome OS on BOTH devices.
- lastly go back to MobileSheets "connect devices" dialog on follower device and tap on leader (which will still need to be in discoverable mode) and leader will turn to green colour then tap "join group".
Most of the time I need to tap on leader and tap on "join group" TWICE and then it will say (CONNECTED).
- then leader/follower feature will work.
I don't know. I get a message on the android tablet in green "Chromebook (connected)", but chromebook fails to list anything in connected followers. Bluetooth settings on both machines say they are connected, but that final bit just doesn't happen. Thanks for the help though.
If you ignore the status and just load a song, I'm assuming it does not get loaded on the Android tablet? I just want confirm whether it's just an issue with the leader displaying the follower tablets versus no connection actually being established.

Mike
Songs loaded on chromebook do not display on android (I have three android tablets which I have tested), however if any android is set as the leader everything works great.
Just out of curiousity - if you use WiFi, are you able to get things working with the Chromebook as the leader?

I'm not sure what to recommend with bluetooth as it sounds like dropouts may be occurring on the Chromebook device which is causing the connection not to be established properly at the start. If the Chromebook is the client and an Android device is the leader over bluetooth, do you see frequent "Reconnect" messages or does it seem perfectly stable?

Mike
(05-25-2022, 07:34 AM)Jonk Wrote: I've tried and tried but I cannot get chromebook to be the leader for connected tablets. I have 3 android tablet and a chromebook. I can easily make any android tablet the leader but cannot make the chromebook the leader. Has anyone had success doing this?

Perhaps you could share with us what brands your tablets are.
If they are older what OS versions they are on.