• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharing Custom Stamps
I've been struggling with the learning curve of Inkscape trying to create some basic stamps that I think I will use frequently. It crossed my mind that there are probably many instrument-specific markings that would be useful to share. I've been using the pen tool, but my handwriting is terrible and time for making notations during rehearsals is limited.

Is there already a method for forum members to request and offer svg stamps?

Side question: does anyone have a link to a good tutorial for Inkscape for the purpose of creating MobileSheets stamps? ...basic things like fingerings. For example, I'm trying to make the letter "L" and the letter "R" as stamps. When I save from Inkscape I can open the svg in Chrome, but it's blank in MobileSheets.

Thanks,
(10-14-2022, 12:27 AM)sb1920alk Wrote: I've been struggling with the learning curve of Inkscape trying to create some basic stamps that I think I will use frequently. It crossed my mind that there are probably many instrument-specific markings that would be useful to share. I've been using the pen tool, but my handwriting is terrible and time for making notations during rehearsals is limited.

Is there already a method for forum members to request and offer svg stamps?

Side question: does anyone have a link to a good tutorial for Inkscape for the purpose of creating MobileSheets stamps? ...basic things like fingerings. For example, I'm trying to make the letter "L" and the letter "R" as stamps. When I save from Inkscape I can open the svg in Chrome, but it's blank in MobileSheets.

Thanks,

A quick tutorial here:
1. create the symbols in MuseScore, add all of them to a score
2. export it as SVG
3. fire up InkScape and load the SVG
4. Right click and Ungroup.
5. Click on a symbol. Ctrl-C
6. Create a new Inkscape drawing.
7. Ctrl-V
8. Shift-Ctrl-R (that is Edit > Resize Page to Selection)
9. Save as SVG, and you can import it as stamp.
(12-08-2022, 06:44 PM)briff Wrote: A quick tutorial here:
1. create the symbols in MuseScore, add all of them to a score
2. export it as SVG
3. fire up InkScape and load the SVG
4. Right click and Ungroup.
5. Click on a symbol. Ctrl-C
6. Create a new Inkscape drawing.
7. Ctrl-V
8. Shift-Ctrl-R (that is Edit > Resize Page to Selection)
9. Save as SVG, and you can import it as stamp.

Thank you so much. It's a bit clunky, but it did the job. I'll add that this also (sometimes) works with Word, if you first covert the docx file to svg. I googled how to do that and found this site https://convertio.co/docx-svg/. Sometimes the svg's that started in Word ended up blank in MobileSheets (which is the same issue I was having with Inkscape), but I was able to copy and paste pieces from that file to one that originated in MuseScore and it ended up working.

Also, some of the sizes were different than what I expected, but it was simple enough to adjust them in MobileSheets and save the setting as a favorite.

This leads to my next question, as I now have more than 12 favorites, and it spawned a second page of them. How do I move an item on one page of favorites to a different page of favorites? I did one by accident, so I know it's possible, but I can't seem to do it again.

I will try and attach the files I made in case they're useful for anyone and they don't want to go through all of these steps. ...I had to add ".txt" for them to upload. If you want to use them, you'll have to take that part off.

Attached Files
.txt   L.svg.txt (Size: 2.13 KB / Downloads: 9)
.txt   Left C#.svg.txt (Size: 6.67 KB / Downloads: 4)
.txt   R.svg.txt (Size: 2.93 KB / Downloads: 3)
.txt   Circle L.svg.txt (Size: 9.87 KB / Downloads: 4)
.txt   Forked.svg.txt (Size: 9.37 KB / Downloads: 3)
2 more stamps for starting and finishing half page turns

Attached Files
.txt   Finish Page Turn.svg.txt (Size: 18.09 KB / Downloads: 10)
.txt   Start Page Turn.svg.txt (Size: 19.5 KB / Downloads: 7)