• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
several requests
After having bought this app and using it a little I am totally impressed about the awesome work and thought that has gone into this. Bravo!

Let me mention some ideas for improvement that immediately came to my mind.

- option to hide the grey rows with the initial letters in the song library
While the grey rows with the initial letters do provide some structure, it would be great if we had the ability to switch that feature off

- alphabet jump letters don't adapt to the song library (e.g. unicode song titles)
I only have songs with greek names and my alphabet jump list (on the right edge) still contains latin letters which is weird. Why not populate the alphabet jump list with only the initial letters of the song libraray that are determined anyway (the grey rows in the songlist itself).

- Importing multiple files
While there is the ability to batch import all files in a folder, sometimes I just want to import 3 songs out of a folder containing 20 songs. The ability to only import selected songs (like CTRL+Click in Windows) would be great!

- (Batch) Import directly into a (new) setlist/collection
Use Case: I have 30 new songs in a separate folder to import that are supposed to be in a new setlist I am going to create.
Currently batch importing and setlist management are two different steps. After importing we have to go over to the setlist management, locate our newly added songs (among the multitude of old songs) and put them into a (new) setlist. (Hope I am not missing something). Allow us to do that upon batch importing by adding some options to the batch import dialog (like Assign to a)existing b)new setlist)

- option to switch off the "Load All" entry in song library/setlists

Companion PC app:

- companion PC app cannot batch import files with unicode names, while the app can.
PDFs with greek filenames like "αβγδε.pdf" cannot be imported in the companion app.
result: had to transfer all my files to the tablet first, then import, then manage my setlist on the companion PC app.

- does not allow dragging multiple songs to add to a setlist
I regard this as a basic feature that is missing :-)
Multiple songs can be marked, but not dragged over to the setlist, which is strange.

- give us an option to sort by import date
To easily identify the newly imported songs. Could become obsolete if we can assign songs to setlist upon importing them (see above).

Regarding the requests already mentioned in the other thread I absolutely support this one:
Control other tablets over bluetooth
because in our band we have people not knowing all the songs very well (and where to find them), also we are sometimes jumping spontaneously to different songs as requested by our audience.
If one could open a song quickly on their tablet and the other tablets in the band immediately just showed what this person sees, that would be absolutely GREAT AWESOME FANTASTIC BRILLIANT!!!!!

Although that might sound a lot I want to stress that I totally love this app and I admire the dedication that went both into the development as well as into the relationship to the users (as can be seen in these forums). Also, I will be happy to supply more info as needed.
Thank you for taking the time to write that all up zissakos. I'll respond to each request below:

- option to hide the grey rows with the initial letters in the song library
This would actually cause a huge number of issues due to the way those lists are currently implemented. Unless the ability to turn those off is requested by a large number of users, I'm afraid the amount of work it would take is not worth the gain.

- alphabet jump letters don't adapt to the song library (e.g. unicode song titles)
I've actually already fixed this in v5.0.0. The alphabet list will only show letters that correspond to songs in the library.

- Importing multiple files
Very interesting idea. I'm going to change the batch import process significantly in v5.0.0. As part of this, I think it makes sense to provide the option to either select a directory, or select multiple files.

- (Batch) Import directly into a (new) setlist/collection
I can absolutely add this.

- option to switch off the "Load All" entry in song library/setlists
I can look into removing the "Load All" entry, but if you disable the "Always Load Whole Setlist" option, that means you never have any way of loading all of the songs in a setlist. If I add another option for removing the "Load All" entry, it's implementation would therefore depend on whether the "Always Load Whole Setlist" was checked or not...

I guess the simpler answer is, I can just get rid of the ability to load individual songs from a setlist. This means you cannot use a setlist as means to group songs that you might want to load individually. It would really help to know how many users take advantage of this capability.

Companion PC app:

- companion PC app cannot batch import files with unicode names, while the app can.
I think I may have fixed this at one point, but the bug must be back. I will have to look into it some more - thanks.

- does not allow dragging multiple songs to add to a setlist
I will have to see how feasible this is. If it's not too hard to fix, I will, but otherwise, you can always just double-click on entries to add them as you go.

- give us an option to sort by import date
Interesting idea. I think this has some merit even after I add the import into setlist. There have been times I would have liked to quickly view the last couple songs I added, as they are the ones I'm most interested in playing. Thanks for the suggestion.

Control other tablets over bluetooth
I absolutely want to add support for this. My vision for MobileSheets at this point is to support Android, iOS, and Windows 8. If I can achieve that, and make all of the different versions work with each other, I think it will allow more bands/choirs/etc to move forward with using tablets with less effort.

Thanks,
Mike