• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can collections filters persist into editing setlists
(07-20-2015, 11:37 PM)Graeme Wrote: It does, you just haven't found it yet.

Try this (you need Performance Mode disabled); ... etc
Graeme, thanks for that, it gets closer to the goal.
One function that doesn't seem to be there with this approach is the ability to change the order of songs in the new setlist as I build it, which I could do in the "create setlist" screen carrying the collection filter.  Being able to do that (change order) without having to navigate from the collection screen to the edit setlist screen, also saves valuable time.

I don't mean to make a huge deal of this and if it's a significant project to code it, I'll continue to work with these workarounds.  It just seemed logical to me at least that with a filter is selected, that it would persist across the database, screens, user steps, until it's changed or de-selected.  If it's a ton of work, I understand.  Thanks very much for pointing out these other approaches.

@itsme- Some of my setlists / gig situations are like you described.  These Irish sessions are unique in that the "sets" of 3-5 tunes are called on the spot and people start playing very quickly, as many people have memorized 100's / 1000's of tunes.  Unfortunately I'm way behind in memorizing so I'm looking for a way to build the called set real fast, on the spot. As I mentioned, right now I have the Irish tunes in a separate database on a different tablet.  I'm just looking for a way to merge databases, if that can work, and still be able to build the sets pretty awfully quickly.

Thanks for all the pointers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: can collections filters persist into editing setlists - by chrisss - 07-21-2015, 09:14 AM