• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Android] Support for Androids new camera gesture control
The back button trigger fires an event through the Android framework that my app just listens to (the onBackPressed method that every Activity triggers). There is no equivalent for a Home button, or previous or next. I can't provide any kind of estimate for the level of effort involved here without knowing how to listen for those. If they came in as key press events, then MobileSheetsPro would already support them with the way I handle pedal actions. 

It's great that the Camera Switches APK works on older Android versions, but unless I have access to the source code for that application, that doesn't really help me understand what exactly needs to be implemented. I need documentation on what libraries have to be integrated, what events have to be listened to, etc, etc. Just knowing that there is another application out there that supports these things won't bring me any closer to implementing it myself unless there is source code I can look at, or an existing library that is well documented. In order forum posts about this topic, I pointed to libraries that Google makes available for processing facial gestures, but it doesn't provide the kind of functionality shown in that APK you are using. So I'm going to need additional information before I can move forward with anything.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Android] Support for Androids new camera gesture control - by Zubersoft - 08-20-2021, 10:55 AM