• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
landscape Mode
As you have 4 groups, you are probably doing most of the  following but I'm writing this in case it helps you.

I'm in 3 groups and don't have any issues finding songs.

Each song name contains the name of the appropriate group and each group has it's own collection. 
My songs are chord sheets stored as pdfs (with a few ChordPro.)
Where a song is common between groups, I tend to give each group it's own file i.e. not shared; this means modifying for one group doesn't affect the other group.
Note: It is possible to set the displayed name to include the collection but I have chosen to explicitly include it in the file name.

When creating a setlist, I restrict the view to those songs in the group collection (or possible collections if including Xmas songs).
Each collection has about 250 songs and I can usually remember what letter the song names start with (I put the group related bit at the tail of the name e.g. " - Pub"
Knowing the initial letter(s) means that I can use the index list to display songs for the known letter. I can then find the song by scrolling the list or, if there are a lot of songs for that letter, long pressing the letter and selecting a subsequent letter from the displayed sub list.

If I can only remember something in the song title then I use the filter to restrict songs to the required text (press 3 vertical dots and select Show/Hide Filters as required)

I don't find the menus inconsistently labelled; they are context sensitive to what is being displayed (if they weren't, they would be unmanageably long).
Having a step-by-step guide to the menus would probably mean that you have a menu system of the menu options (totally unnecessary when one can just try different options and cancel out if not appropriate).
One of the main benefits of MSP is that it allows users to configure it as they want; the downside is that this makes it sometimes a bit more difficult trying to work out how to do something. For example, the context sensitive nature of the menus means that when I want to email a setlist to non MSP members, I have to remember to select the list from the "list of Setlists" rather than trying to do while "editing" the set list.

Whenever I use a new program or feature, I always try to learn something new rather than just doing the bare minimum to get the work done. Reading the manual thoroughly and playing around with various options gives an insight on how the program/feature works (I'm not suggesting you haven't read the  manual so please don't take umbrage)

MSP has many features that I don't know about and I typically learn about them by reading these forums.

One thing that MSP doesn't do is that you can't use it to find things in the contents of a song rather than in the file name - I haven't had this requirement so it is not an issue. For the odd occasion when you only know part of a lyric, one can always plug it into google to determine the song name.

I hope this reply helps you

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6

Messages In This Thread
landscape Mode - by Hardlec23 - 07-28-2022, 09:21 PM
RE: landscape Mode - by Zubersoft - 07-29-2022, 03:16 AM
RE: landscape Mode - by Hardlec23 - 07-29-2022, 07:55 AM
RE: landscape Mode - by Geoff Bacon - 07-29-2022, 09:02 AM
RE: landscape Mode - by Hardlec23 - 07-29-2022, 09:41 AM
RE: landscape Mode - by Zubersoft - 07-29-2022, 05:56 PM
RE: landscape Mode - by Hardlec23 - 07-30-2022, 04:04 AM
RE: landscape Mode - by Hardlec23 - 07-31-2022, 03:11 AM