• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Import from *.mss file not working with pdfs !!update : my misunderstanding
(08-29-2022, 03:25 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Dan,

I'm not sure what process you used for starting a new library, but if you use the option to import a .mss file (is that what you mean by song list?), it will create a setlist by referencing existing songs in the library. If those songs don't exist, it can't reference them, so placeholders are created. You can't export and import songs in this manner - you have to use a .msf file for that.

Mike

Thanks for the reply, Mike.

I just created a new library with a different name than the original default one. 
This is in the same windows computer, same data directory, have not moved or added anything.

I exported the song list from the default library (as .mss file), switched to the new library and tried to import it (the .mss file).
The songs are all in the same place as the other library. They all exist in the same MS data sub-directory (of both libraries) as the default library.
MS should be able to locate them no problem. I cannot understand why this doesn't work. 
Again, importing pro files from another setlist worked fine.

Is it imperative that all songs from a setlist "must" be in the same sub-directory?
That is one difference from the two setlists; one contained songs all in one sub-directory (of the MS data directory),
while the other contained songs from three different sub-directories (of the MS data directory.
I will try and see if this makes a difference...

Dan

Messages In This Thread
RE: Import from *.mss file not working with pdfs - by madoues - 08-30-2022, 06:10 AM