• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some different issues and feedback
Here are some observations I have made in the previous days on MobileSheets for iPad. Some of them might be the same on other platforms. Some seem to be bugs or issues, some are more of a feedback:

1) When creating a bookmark it would be nice if the input field for "Name:" would be automatically selected and the keyboard would be opened as it is necessary to input a name anyway. Also it would be practical if the dialog could be closed with the enter-key confirming "OK".

2) The screen shift to the bottom that is caused by the "Move page below toolbar when annotating" option in the settings of the edit mode does not work when changing the orientation of the tablet in view mode. It gets corrected by changing into edit mode and back.

3) The explanations in the settings of the edit mode (that are displayed by touching the ?-symbols) are too long for the screen and should have an automatic line-break somewhere, otherwise they cannot be read. This issue does not come up on my laptop on MobileSheets for Windows.

4) I used the "Snipping Tool" for the first time. Looks like a very useful and powerful tool! I'm not entirely sure I understand how it works: It copies the selected area and covers it with a white rectangle and with pasting inserts the copied section as an image? And with exiting edit mode it makes the pasting permanent with saving it to the pdf?
This does not seem to be the most obvious and logical way to work for me because it cannot 100% be reversed. I would suggest the pasted image to stay in the layers list as a stamp, in this way you could come back to the cut-and-pasted section, erase it and repeat the process if you are not happy with the result even after exiting edit mode.

5) After doing a number of edits on a page (20+, including dotted and normal lines) trying to change the layer in the layers dialog caused the app to crash.

6) In the layers dialog I would suggest two changes: It would be nice if the annotations could be sorted by layer name as well as by page, because then I could create a layer like "questions" on certain pages and search for them quickly (something similar was suggested by an audio engineer earlier somewhere in the forum). Also it would be very nice if the view would directly jump to a selected annotation when touching it.

Messages In This Thread
Some different issues and feedback - by MB10 - 04-25-2023, 08:10 PM
RE: Some different issues and feedback - by MB10 - 04-26-2023, 01:43 AM
RE: Some different issues and feedback - by MB10 - 04-27-2023, 01:21 AM
RE: Some different issues and feedback - by MB10 - 06-05-2023, 07:15 PM
RE: Some different issues and feedback - by MB10 - 06-06-2023, 07:52 AM
RE: Some different issues and feedback - by MB10 - 06-06-2023, 04:37 PM