• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some different issues and feedback
1) I'll take a look at that. Those sound like easy enough modifications.

2) I'll take a look at this as well. Just to verify - I enable that setting, then rotate the tablet and things don't appear correctly? What display modes do you have selected for portrait and landscape? A separate issue that I plan to address is that when using that setting, you can't reach the bottom of the pages when using the half page and two page display modes.

3) Should be easy to fix - thanks

4) The snipping tool grabs a section of the rendered image on the screen and then pastes that in the selected location. Until you save the changes, the image is just stored in memory and not saved in the PDF itself. However, the image must be saved in the PDF because trying to embed images in the database would be an awful idea, whereas PDFs are already designed to support bitmap annotations. The white box is just another annotation to cover up part of the page. The image of the PDF page itself (called the content stream in the PDF spec) can't be modified easily, and there are no ways to reverse changes if it is modified. As Geoff explained, if you enable the "Allow editing of embedded PDF annotations", then you can move or delete the bitmap annotations as needed. The reason I don't generally recommend leaving that setting on is because the PDF has to be reloaded in an editable mode every time you enter the annotation editor, and then reloaded normally when you exit the annotation editor. I won't go into the technical details, but I can't just load the PDF in an editable state all the time, so I had to implement it this way as a workaround. If the PDF loads slowly, you'll see a delay when entering/exiting the annotation editor before the pages are displayed. If you can live with that, you can leave the setting on all the time.

5) If you haven't done so yet, please go to the iPad settings, Privacy & Security, Analytics & Improvements, turn Share iPad Analytics on and enable the "Share With App Developers" option. If you do this and a crash occurs, I'll get information about the crash and may be able to address it. This is especially helpful for issues that are very hard to reproduce. I'll look into the layers issue, but if I can't reproduce it easily, I won't be able to implement a fix because I won't know what to fix.

6) I can certainly consider those recommendations in the future. It would probably be added as option where you can control whether layers are sorted first by name, then by page, or by page then by name. What I don't like about this is the ordering will become inconsistent which can matter for the Z-order. It would make it impossible to know the ordering of the layers as they would be sorted alphabetically, and it would also cause a significant amount of chaos in the code as the way I would have to index entries in the list would be completely different, so it would break pretty much all the code. So this won't be a trivial thing to implement. With the selection request, I can support that, but it will get a little odd at times because you can select annotations on multiple pages when using certain display modes, and it would force page changes then in order for the annotations to be made visible, which could get really messy.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Some different issues and feedback - by MB10 - 04-25-2023, 08:10 PM
RE: Some different issues and feedback - by MB10 - 04-26-2023, 01:43 AM
RE: Some different issues and feedback - by Zubersoft - 04-26-2023, 10:30 AM
RE: Some different issues and feedback - by MB10 - 04-27-2023, 01:21 AM
RE: Some different issues and feedback - by MB10 - 06-05-2023, 07:15 PM
RE: Some different issues and feedback - by MB10 - 06-06-2023, 07:52 AM
RE: Some different issues and feedback - by MB10 - 06-06-2023, 04:37 PM