Poll: Would you purchase MobileSheets for MacOS?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I would purchase it
16.67%
3 16.67%
No, I only need the iPad version
38.89%
7 38.89%
No, I have a newer Mac that can already run the iPad version
44.44%
8 44.44%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gauging interest in support for older Macs
I am currently investigating whether I am going to be able to support older Macs through Mac Catalyst (Macs with an M1 or M2 processor can already run the iPadOS version). Unfortunately, there are a few limitations at the moment with supporting Mac Catalyst:

1) I cannot use the new picture taking capabilities (which isn't as important as on the iPad itself)
2) I cannot use Microsoft's OneDrive libraries, as they don't support Mac Catalyst and have stated that they will most likely not support it.

I don't want to remove support for either of those from the iPadOS version, so this means if I wanted to release MobileSheets for older Macs, it would have to be released as a completely separate product through the Mac App Store. This means it would require a separate purchase from the iPad version. Additionally, my PDF library license is only for the iPadOS version, and if I wanted to release MobileSheets under a different application name (i.e. MobileSheets for MacOS), I would have to purchase a separate PDF library license. So before adding extra development expenses, I wanted to get a sense from some of the users on the forum - how many of you would want to purchase and utilize MobileSheets for an older Mac that has an intel processor? If there isn't much interest, I most likely won't move forward with this, as it adds yet another version that I have to test and develop for, along with additional development expenses.

Thanks,
Mike

Messages In This Thread
Gauging interest in support for older Macs - by Zubersoft - 06-30-2023, 09:51 AM