• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions from long-time forScore user
@BRX, I've been using fS for many, many years and for all of that time, it just worked.....until v14 was released in April this year which introduced critical bugs that only seem to affect certain users.  I've only mentioned the crashing bug in my previous posts but there are a number of other major bugs.  Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any pattern that we users can figure out as to why only certain people are affected and the dev has been 100% silent about what is going on.  In terms of the other bugs, these primarily relate to the inability to restore user libraries without losing all or the majority of annotations/page formatting/cropping etc.  I have my own theory which is that v14 was a major code rewrite and as such, the database of certain users' libraries has been permanently corrupted and the only way to move forward without errors is to build our libraries again from scratch.....which simply isn't feasible for those of us with many thousands of files and pages at stake.

MobileSheets is the only other application with a similar feature-set but my perspective is the opposite of yours i.e. it seems unintuitive, restrictive and a bit ugly as compared to forScore.  HOWEVER, it also has a number of features that fS doesn't have and I'm extremely impressed with Mike's responsiveness as the dev and so I'm keen to possibly move to MS instead.  As a professional full-time musician, I don't have time to waste on troubleshooting a buggy app which needs to work 100% of the time and if I can get that with MS, I'm sold.

In terms of the subscription aspect of fS: this doesn't get you much at all and certainly isn't worth it i.e. some additional stamps and some extra app icons.  It's supposed to also get you priority support but the dev hasn't replied to any of my last ~10 emails and hasn't replied to many, many other users either (per a large fS group on FB)....so there's certainly a considerable feeling of anger at the moment, especially with those users (like me) who are experiencing critical bugs.  

I only learnt 2 weeks ago that MS was now available for iPadOS and so I purchased it immediately.  Unfortunately, I'm experiencing a nasty bug with the filter view at the moment but at least Mike is looking into this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions from long-time forScore user - by Maddcow - 07-29-2023, 12:27 PM