• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions from long-time forScore user
Quote:The CSV feature is currently only meant to be used to extract songs from a larger PDF (it acts as an index of the available songs in the PDF). I do not currently support importing a CSV to populate metadata for a large number of songs/files at once. This has certainly been requested before, and it's something I can work on sooner if it will be of help to users moving over from forScore. 

Indeed. I think I was maybe the first to request it when I build my first library with CSV files and didn't want to do a csv for each pdf but only one big csv to import from. It's been a few years since. And Mike, you know, I never mean to push, but if this is at least a passable way to get over metadata from forscore to MS than maybe you should priorize it more.

I always thought there would not be not too much difficulty to change it from reading the csv from a pdf with the same name in the directory to adding another column with the name of the source pdf to be read from.
Yes, I'm no programmer, and actually have no clue what goes into such changes. And to provide correct path information for all platforms will be even more complicated now there's also iOs. But even if one still has to keep the PDFs in one (ore the main) directory it would be worth it IMHO to implement that sooner rather than later.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions from long-time forScore user - by BRX - 08-02-2023, 01:23 AM