• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue: Albums Metadata Field as List on PDF Import
In working on my 'procedure' for mass migration over from forScore to MobileSheets I have noticed an anomaly in the metadata population upon import of a score into MobileSheets. Let me see if I can describe it clearly.

It concerns the metadata field "Albums."

* In MobileSheets it is (correctly) a list field (i.e., it can have a list of multiple entries.)

* I noticed that when I did a test of importing about 100 scores as a batch (that is, I imported an entire subdirectory from my Dropbox account) MobileSheets did two things, both good in my opinion: (1) it did auto-populate the Albums field from the "Books" field in the PDF docs ('Books' being the corresponding forScore metadata field). (2) MobileSheets built for itself an internal reference list of Albums using all the 'Books' entries from each of my imported PDF docs. That internal reference list is now easily available in the dropdown for the Albums field in MobileSheets. Very good.

* Ok, here's the problem/anomaly: When importing a PDF doc MobileSheets isn't parsing out multiple entries for the 'Books' field in cases where there are multiple entries (separated by a comma). Instead, it is running them all together as a single entry. For example, instead of: [Book Title1] [Book Title2] (two seperate list entries) I get: [Book Title1,Book Title2 ] (a single list entry).

* Perhaps put simple: The Albums field should work the way that the Genres field works.

I have attached a reference example document that illustrates this anomaly. See: Issue_AlbumsAsList_MetadataReferenceDoc.pdf

I have also attached a screenshot of the metadata edit page in MobileSheets after importing the above reference doc. See: Issue_AlbumsAsList_iPad-screenshot.jpg

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pdf   Issue_AlbumsAsList_MetadataReferenceDoc.pdf (Size: 18.37 KB / Downloads: 1)

Messages In This Thread
Issue: Albums Metadata Field as List on PDF Import - by Jeffrocchio@gmail.com - 08-07-2023, 02:50 AM