• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue: Albums Metadata Field as List on PDF Import
(08-07-2023, 08:10 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I think what I will do is separate based on either comma or semi-colon for all fields except Artist and Composer.
Mike: In performing tests to make sure I can form PDF metadata in my docs that will import well into MobileSheets I just now noticed an oddity. Not in MobileSheets, but the PDFs. 

In my test I replaced the comma separator with a semi-colon for the "Album" field I created in a PDF doc. What I noticed is that when I then query the metadata in my PDF doc using exiftool the output is showing both a semi-colon and a comma. It looks like this: Album: Album 1;, Album 2 

When I import this into MobileSheets I get a single item in the Albums property that looks like: Album 1; Album 2

I can't explain why the comma got added. And maybe it's only really in exiftool's terminal output display from the command I use to show me all the PDF's properties. However, MobileSheets didn't separate the two entries using either the comma or the semi-colon. I'll try to investigate a bit further.

I've attached three docs - the PDF with the offending field in it. A screenshot of the exiftool listing of this PDF's properties. And a screenshot of the MobileSheets properties page after importing that PDF.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pdf   210_TEST_Score_B_Books.pdf (Size: 40.9 KB / Downloads: 1)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Issue: Albums Metadata Field as List on PDF Import - by Jeffrocchio@gmail.com - 08-09-2023, 05:07 AM