• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
updating OneDrive from device
I have a fleet of these things running Android/Win10/Win11 on 3.8.13 (latest, if I mis-numbered it), with about 300 songs, 4 databases and most files in .cho format. I have trouble updating the OneDrive database from Win10. I either have to (a) delete all the OneDrive files in the destination folder; or (b) just delete the database and the hash file ... but this results in deleting and re-uploading all of the files to OneDrive anyway. Sync the other direction to all the client computers seems to mostly work fine. I try to do all syncs "server to client" and avoid making changes in the client. (I was not very successful with two-way sync. Also, I'm only updating the default database to OneDrive, not the three others -- not sure what will happen if I update all four databases).

I have not seen a list of non-permitted characters (sorry if I missed it). I suspect the problem may be in my folder or file naming.

I inherited a database that had file/folder names including "#" and other non-alpha numeric characters. I have tried to remove them (though some escape my attention.) I also have used some naming conventions, such as "Proud Mary - b*" and "Proud Mary - cho". Both of these were intended to distinguish from other "Proud Mary" files previously put in the system by another user. I used * and then later cho to indicate the file is in chordpro format. 

The other thing I have done on occasion when making a "new" song is to start with the file name and name it such as "proud_mary_cho.cho".

So, if the problem is non-allowed characters, possibly one or more of these is the problem: # * - _

Anyone know?

At present, if I enter a new song in my server and "sync to cloud" -> OneDrive, the transfer will stop when it hits the first new song. If I delete the database and hash file from OneDrive, then the sync works ok, but it proceeds by re-uploading each file. This is slower than a true "update" and OneDrive treats the process as deleting each file.

I first approached this by deleting everything my MobileSheets folder on OneDrive, and then I found it was less trouble to simply delete the database and hash file.

Kudos on how well MobileSheets works -- I set up a fleet (10 to 12) of mostly identical two-in-one laptops (they fold back to a tablet). It works well even with "sharing" the master OneDrive with other OneDrives (we are running on multiple MobileSheets licenses). As set up, the songs display the same on each tablet and I turn everyone's page from the Server tablet knowing that I'm not leaving anyone on the wrong page. I even set these up to boot directly into running MobileSheets, so I can tell the musicians to just keep their hands off the touchscreen (lol) and let me manage it.

Messages In This Thread
updating OneDrive from device - by basd - 09-01-2023, 10:17 AM
RE: updating OneDrive from device - by Zubersoft - 09-01-2023, 10:55 AM
RE: updating OneDrive from device - by basd - 09-04-2023, 06:16 AM
RE: updating OneDrive from device - by Zubersoft - 09-04-2023, 06:26 AM
RE: updating OneDrive from device - by basd - 09-04-2023, 06:53 AM
RE: updating OneDrive from device - by basd - 09-04-2023, 08:35 AM
RE: updating OneDrive from device - by Zubersoft - 09-04-2023, 04:33 PM
RE: updating OneDrive from device - by basd - 09-04-2023, 11:43 PM
RE: updating OneDrive from device - by basd - 06-21-2024, 04:36 AM
RE: updating OneDrive from device - by Zubersoft - 06-25-2024, 07:41 AM