• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
updating OneDrive from device
I think I have this working, although I still have some tablets to implement (and to experiment with an Android script for the Android tablets). My "tablet" Windows -computers boot into an onscreen running instance of MobileSheets, and as MobileSheets starts via a batch (.bat) file, I simply added "copy" commands to the startup batch file. "copy \Y [source location] [Zubersoft destination location] (The underlying assumption is that each computer is utilizing the same OneDrive folder as the storage location, so that individual folders/files are also automatically updating.)

This may be helpful for someone:

(1) For Windows to start PasswordLess, the PasswordLess setting must be changed in the registry. (Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\PasswordLess\Device\DevicePasswordLessBuildVersion) -- set to 0 (zero).

(2) Select the user to start automatically with Windows key +R -> netplwiz

(3) find the shortcut file to MobileSheets in the Apps folder. Win+R -> shell:AppsFolder. copy the shortcut to the desktop. What I do then, just so I know where to find it ... rename to "mobilesheets" (the actual name will the be "mobilesheets.lnk". I move this shortcut to a folder I create c:\utils\links.

(4) I make a .bat file, "mobi.bat" that contains the command c:\utils\links\mobilesheets.lnk ... I also now put the copy commands into this bat file

(5) I move mobi.bat to the startup folder: win+R->shell:startup

Now the computer will startup without needing a password, copy the latest library.db files and start MobileSheets. (Needless to say, these are computers that have no other purpose other than to run MobileSheets -- there is no other data on the computer and the computer uses a Microsoft/OneDrive account created solely for these laptops. (Cost was somewhat manageable because I purchased a fleet of used 2-in-1 computer/tablets from eBay).

The resulting bat file looks something like this:

copy /Y C:\Users\bdb\OneDrive\mobilesheets_yoga2\aaa-dbfs\library1.db C:\Users\bdb\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState
copy /Y C:\Users\bdb\OneDrive\mobilesheets_yoga2\aaa-dbfs\library2.db C:\Users\bdb\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState
copy /Y C:\Users\bdb\OneDrive\mobilesheets_yoga2\aaa-dbfs\library3.db C:\Users\bdb\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState
copy /Y C:\Users\bdb\OneDrive\mobilesheets_yoga2\aaa-dbfs\mobilesheets.db C:\Users\bdb\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState
c:\utils\links\mobi.lnk

You will see that I created a folder "aaa-dbfs" in my server OneDrive/mobilesheets folder. When I start the server version of MobileSheets, I run a "reverse" bat file that copies the latest library.db files INTO the OneDrive aaa-dbfs file.

I do not let any of the client computer/tablets alter or input any of the songs or song data. (Well, in theory. If I do this by setting the storage location to the OneDrive mobilesheets directory, the files are not "read only" putting my server mobilesheets folders and songs at risk of inadvertent modification.  I will have to figure out what to do about this, especially as the server OneDrive folder is actually shared from the client OneDrive to the server OneDrive and not the other way around.  I may have to change that so I can make the shared folders read only.)

I will do a further post if I run into issues with this iteration of my fleet of MobileSheets computer/tablets.

end

Messages In This Thread
updating OneDrive from device - by basd - 09-01-2023, 10:17 AM
RE: updating OneDrive from device - by Zubersoft - 09-01-2023, 10:55 AM
RE: updating OneDrive from device - by basd - 09-04-2023, 06:16 AM
RE: updating OneDrive from device - by Zubersoft - 09-04-2023, 06:26 AM
RE: updating OneDrive from device - by basd - 09-04-2023, 06:53 AM
RE: updating OneDrive from device - by basd - 09-04-2023, 08:35 AM
RE: updating OneDrive from device - by Zubersoft - 09-04-2023, 04:33 PM
RE: updating OneDrive from device - by basd - 09-04-2023, 11:43 PM
RE: updating OneDrive from device - by basd - 06-21-2024, 04:36 AM
RE: updating OneDrive from device - by Zubersoft - 06-25-2024, 07:41 AM