• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ChordPro font size on different devices
I'm currently working on transferring my library from my current HP Detachable (WIn10) to my new Boox Tab Ultra C (Android).
I copied all the files and folders of the songfiles in the MobileSheets directory, then I copied the mobilesheets.db. That's how I planned to work in future: let GoogleDrive synchronize the song files and copy only the database manually.
Because of relative paths that works fine, at least in general. But, especially for ChordPro files it turned out to be more work as expected.
Because of different screen resolutions (?) the fonts are displayed in different size. This leads to different line breaks and that spoils the whole layout.

I'm probably not the first one facing this effect, so I hope for some hints and advice how others have handled that.

For further investigation I copied the database from the HP Detachable to all my other available tablets. Here are the results:

Screen resolutions are
HP Detachable: 1280 x 800
Boox Tab Ultra C: 2480 x 1860, color 1240 x 930
Huawei MediaPad T5: 1920 x 1200
Acer Iconia A1-830: 1024 x 768
The numeric values of the font sizes as shown by MobileSheets Text Display Settings are unchanged, as expected.

I don't understand the dependancy of the font sizes, maybe there already exists a built-in a correction.
And I don't understand why a lyrics size of 27 in Text Display Settings is shown as the same size as an annotation with font size 13.
Another side effect: annotations are not linked to the text, but fixed at a certain page position. This is probably the cause that the blue annotation at the bottom of AllForMeGrog_HPDetach.jpg disappears completely on AllForMeGrog_boox.png as it was on a part of the page that is not shown anymore.

Would a different workflow, e.g. using MobileSheets' sync feature instead of syncing the files and copying the database, give better results? But I definitely want to be able to access my files directly.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Messages In This Thread
ChordPro font size on different devices - by itsme - 10-01-2023, 12:07 AM