• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ChordPro font size on different devices
I had to deal with the same problem, because I bought a fleet of used Lenovo Yoga2s, but also a couple of used Lenovo Thinkpads. The Yoga2s have high density screens and the thinkpads density so low they are basically "obsolete".

My most recent solution was to degrade the screen resolution on the Yoga2s to the same resolution as the Thinkpads. This worked out because I don't use the Yoga2s for anything else, so native high resolution is not necessary -- although it took me awhile to realize I could solve my problem by doing this.  In fact, everyone is glad for the larger text. This was necessary, as I change the pages with the server laptop for everyone and it has been much easier since I just made the resolution the same on all the devices. (It's also necessary to setup the correct default page margins and column margins so that all the devices will be displaying the text the same.)

But here are a couple of tricks I employed before that -- (1) I went to a lot of trouble to adjust the default display parameters on each device to visually "almost" match the on-screen display of both types of devices. There were a few issues and so on some songs, the page breaks would not match up, they would be off by a line or so -- which I could fix by tediously adjusting the display parameters for the individual song. And, after synchronizing, it was occasionally necessary to apply the device default parameters "to all songs". But, I also discovered I could put a {np} (new page) command and then the break would come at the same place. (Which needs to be checked, because one can also end up with a one-line page by putting the {np} in the wrong place...)

I don't know if there would be some magical method at the programming end to get the chordpro files to display the same on screens of different resolution.  It was challenging to come up with a fleet of devices at an (almost) affordable price that would all display the same to everyone in the band. And, I also have the library synchronized to an Android, a couple of Windows tablets and an iPad. For those users, it's definitely "turn the pages yourself ..."

Messages In This Thread
RE: ChordPro font size on different devices - by basd - 12-18-2023, 04:40 PM