• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug report? Arrow head overlaying filters
(12-30-2023, 04:57 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: That's odd - I don't see that on my Samsung Tab S4. Is this on your Tab X? Do I need to test on an e-ink device to see this? Did you update the firmware? What DPI are you using in the optimization settings for MobileSheets (long press the MobileSheets icon on the home page and then Optimize App).

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,
yes this is the TabX (it's all I have for an electronic music stand at the moment).

DPI setting is 350 which I assume is a default as I haven't changed this.  Thinking about it I'm not sure this is optimal as the e-Ink screen on the TabX is rated at 207ppi...  What do you advise for this?

About the only things I've changed in the TabX's configuration is the screen "Auto sleep" timer which I changed to 30 min and I muted and/or lowered the volume on everything.  Oh, and the networking configs...

You reminded me that I just did the most recent firmware update, but unfortunately I can't tell you if the problem occurred prior to the firmware update.
Initially, it seemed that the problem only affected the 3 fields I mentioned:
Source, Key and Collection.  
The other fields appeared fine with the arrow head a couple of spaces to the right of the "y" of "Any"

However, I just did some quick testing: 
In the "Search:" location I checked all the options and they're fine except for "Custom Group" which is the longest one.
I note that the arrow head is always in the same horizontal location on the screen, and the spacing between the last letter of each option name and the arrow head changes to reflect the different option name lengths.
The same appears to be true for "Source" except the source name moves left, but doesn't move the arrow head away from the last character(s)
Ditto for "Key" however, because there are single letter options in key, sometimes the arrow head doesn't overlap the field contents.
Also ditto for "Collection:" except that longer collection names move the other screen content to the right, but don't result in preventing the overlap.
"Genre" seems to behave much the same as "Search:"  In this case field contents 7 characters and longer overlap the arrowhead.
"Diff" and "Rating" are both short content fields so the problem doesn't appear.

Hopefully that's helpful.
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X, and play low brass: mainly 'Bone and Tuba

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bug report? Arrow head overlaying filters - by Lawrie - 12-30-2023, 10:13 AM