• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
link points and metronome tempo list
Hi Mike,

I am currently doing a project with its first gig coming pretty soon. It's a 2h show for which I have a pdf that has around 150 pages (22 songs in 1 pdf). I miss some functionalities in MobileSheets that would be pretty important but perhaps only small changes to implement. I think some of this has already been discussed or touched in some posts I saw over the last year but afaik has not been implemented yet. While I think I could manage to do a workaround for the upcoming show - split the pdf into songs, then recombine them as a playlist - I think it would be nice to not have to do this work and to have all the possibilities for the future (I guess I will apply the workaround now but it would also be nice to hear if and if yes, when you would plan to implement these things).

1) As has been discussed, it would be necessary to have more link points in such a large "song". I think at least 30. But as I understood it I think you had already said you wanted to increase the number and maybe make it open ended? Do you already know when this will be possible?

2) Using the metronome in such a setting to do count ins (I'm acting as MD) and visually lock in the tempo for the next song inside the large "song" is not very practical as is: I would end up with a very long list of tempos and would have to open the metronome every time to scroll through the list. One of the following ideas that I have might help in this situation with the metronome:

a. Give the option to save a different tempo per page (this could be an option that is on a per song basis or global and can be hidden in the settings). While this is not very elegant, it might be a quick solution and be also very practical for a classical piece where the tempo varies across a movement. This would reduce the number of entries on any page to a few and in my case I could just use the touch action I configured for the upper middle: start metronome and know that it is the correct tempo for the song in the big "song".

b. Improve the UI for the metronome to have a better possibility to cycle through different tempos. Perhaps there could be touch fields for +1/-1 next to the dropdown for the tempos (if there are multiple tempos) and further out touch fields for "next tempo"/"previous tempo". The list would also have to have a possibility to reorder tempos if I forgot to add one in the middle. This is actually quite annoying (if I might say), for example if I want to practice a song at 60, 80 and 100 bpm and add those three, then realize I also need 90 bpm as intermediate step, but want to have them in order from slow to fast, I have to delete 100 again to then add 90 and 100 back.

c. The most important improvement for me regarding the tempo would be to improve the smart button "start/stop metronom" and add an option there to select a tempo. That would be so good! I could just add a smart button with the name "song #1: 112 bpm" and press it and it would start the metronome at 112 bpm.

I hope that some or all suggestions are sensible to other users and of course to you, Mike, and some of them might be easy to implement so that they could come soon!

Messages In This Thread
link points and metronome tempo list - by MB10 - 01-30-2024, 05:01 AM
RE: link points and metronome tempo list - by BRX - 01-30-2024, 06:59 PM
RE: link points and metronome tempo list - by rny - 03-08-2024, 06:22 AM