• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
link points and metronome tempo list
Hi Mike,

thanks for your reply! For me these improvements to the metronome UI would be very beneficial so I'll be looking forward to that. If the smart button with selectable tempo might be available earlier that would already solve the problem I'm facing right now, that would certainly be terrific!

I wasn't even aware before that the song tempo metadata is linked to the selection in the metronome UI. I think that is totally fine. The crucial thing that is missing is that in the case of a song that has multiple tempos (whether that be sections of the song or different tempos for practicing) it is important to be able to change the tempo with a Smart Button or some other touch action without having to open the metronome UI and then the dropdown in it. I would say anyone that would like to manage the tempo selection via a Smart Button (like me) should be ok with that updating the song tempo metadata (maybe adding the selected tempo by the Smart Button and not replacing the whole previously defined metadata?).

As for the link points (I hope it is not impertinent to ask again): Do you already know when a larger number will be possible? And will it have a larger limit or no limit?

@BRX, Geoff, itsme: Thanks for your quick answers! I do realize that the possibility of csv-splitting exists. But first of all I'm on a very tight schedule that does not allow me to experiment right now. Also if I assume correctly the csv-method would mean that I have to first delete my pdf from MobileSheets and reimport it and that is a non starter because I would lose all annotations. I will consider this for the next time however. I will go to splitting the songs with the "create snippet"-function

@Geoff: I think writing off suggestions as "nightmare" is not very helpful as this is the section of the forum called "Feature Requests and Ideas". Also if you really think this through I don't agree that this already has an easy solution because there are still a lot of pieces that are not separable (like a longer song or a movement from a classical piece) and still require multiple, possibly many tempos and linkpoints.

Malte

Messages In This Thread
link points and metronome tempo list - by MB10 - 01-30-2024, 05:01 AM
RE: link points and metronome tempo list - by BRX - 01-30-2024, 06:59 PM
RE: link points and metronome tempo list - by MB10 - 01-31-2024, 08:23 PM
RE: link points and metronome tempo list - by rny - 03-08-2024, 06:22 AM