• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best practice for managing Vocal tunes in library?
When we do gigs, sometimes I have a singer, and sometimes I don't. And when we do have a singer, I like to have a balance of Vocal tunes and Instrumentals. And the Vocal ones need special review with the singer to make sure they're in their vocal range, etc. So being able to filter on Vocal tunes is an important part of my workflow when planning gigs. But currently, my library has no visibility into which are vocal vs. not.

I want to be able to do something like Create a list of all the songs in a Collection or Setlist that are Vocal tunes (or NOT Vocal tunes).

I thought of maybe entering "Vocal" into Custom2. But while I see a way to exclude with other fields, that's not an option with Custom2:

Keywords doesn't support exclusion either. 

I see there are Vocal and Instrumental entries under Genre. But that's not Genre. I need the Genre field to track the actual genre, like Bossa Nova, Blues, etc. Whether it's suitable for vocals or not is a different piece of metadata. 

Suggestions about the best way to handle this?

Thanks!

Dave

Messages In This Thread
best practice for managing Vocal tunes in library? - by reggoboy - 02-26-2024, 07:35 AM