• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Library Restore Issues Since the Last Update
I AM using the "Restore Library from Backup" feature - which I've used forever and exclusively to ensure that I have identical libraries across multiple devices on multiple platforms. I have not used the Sync Library function (perhaps I should, but Backup/Restore has been working fine).

My reference for "Create Subdirectories per Song" above pertained to the iPad (the setting is enabled there) that I was restoring into, but I just checked and it is enabled on my Windows master device as well. I typically use "Backup Library" on my Windows (Surface Pro 8) device only, then restore into various Windows, IOS, and Android devices that I use for various occasions/gigs.

When I use "Find Missing Files" on my iPad after a bad restore, I see that the paths listed for the missing files appear to have subdirectories (..../Documents/Songname/Songname.pdf). When I click through to "Local Files", I see something that looks like the missing file under "MobileSheets", but without a subdirectory. However, as I mentioned earlier, the process appears to hang when I select the corresponding local file.

Most of the local files I see under MobileSheets are NOT in subdirectories. There are SOME that are in subdirectories. I haven't established a pattern on which ones have them and which ones don't.

To add, restoring to my Android tablet worked fine.

I hope this is clear.

Sorry for the slow answer. I did not see a notice in e-mail that you had posted a reply.

Serafin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Library Restore Issues Since the Last Update - by Serafin - 04-07-2024, 07:12 AM