• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding new song with Tablet Camera (Problem with naming the song)
(04-15-2024, 10:49 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: <snip>
So that's why renaming the file did not automatically change the song title. However, I'm not opposed to changing the logic such that, if a song has a single file, that file is renamed and the current title matched the automatically generated title from the previous file name, that I update the song title to match the new file name. If any users don't want this behavior, please post in this thread.
Hi Mike,
I'm in 2 minds about this.  Perhaps a checkbox might be a useful alternative?

For myself, because of the way I name pdf's* when creating charts for a couple of the bands I'm in, I think I'd prefer if the current behaviour didn't change.  That said, I can also see the convenience for the use case under discussion.

* I include versioning info in the filename if a chart is updated/corrected.
E.G.
"Moonglow-Trom.pdf" might become "Moonglow-V1a-Trom.pdf" if there was a typo or some other correction made to the pdf.  
Under these conditions I'd want the entry in the songlist to remain "Moonglow-Trom".
Of course, I can also see the benefits of having versioning info in the songlist entry...
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X, and play low brass: mainly 'Bone and Tuba

Messages In This Thread
Adding new song with Tablet Camera - by SteveB - 04-13-2024, 11:01 PM
RE: Adding new song with Tablet Camera (Problem with naming the song) - by Lawrie - 04-15-2024, 01:43 PM