• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Version 3.8.32 Released (Important notes for Windows users)
I just updated 4 devices (Boox Max 3) to 3.8.42 (from 3.8.38 or 39 I think). The release notes mention resizing the switch library screen to accommodate the screen size but the list still only takes up the top half of the screen and requires scrolling to see the last few libraries. Should it be using more of the screen now?

Some time ago I whittled the genres list down to 3 genres but after the update all the default genres had all been added back in, at least to 3 of the 4 libraries (the 4th library only had the 3 genres I've been working with). The devices have identical libraries and the default genres had been added back to the same 3 libraries on each of the 4 devices even though each device was on a different library during the update.

I then added some pieces to the libraries. The way I usually do that is to add them to one library, then export the new pieces as a single msf to a local file, then switch to the other libraries and import the msf to each library in turn, adjusting the metadata for each library as I go. The problem this time was that I couldn't get the msf files to import in the other libraries. The export from the original library seemed to work but when I tried to import it to a different libary it just gave a message saying 'failed to import file abc.msf. successfully imported 0 of 1 files'. I managed to get a few of the pieces from the msf to import by unticking the box that includes metadata in the export but that defeats the purpose a bit and didn't work at all for some of the pieces. I managed to get those same pieces to work (metadate included) by exporting each piece as an msf rather than putting them all in one msf but it only worked for 2 of the 3 libraries I was trying to import into and didn't work at all for a couple of the pieces. I could still import them to any of the libraries from the original pdf. The issue was only with importing msf's. I don't think I've seen an msf import fail before.

I tried exporting some pieces that had been in the library since before the update to msf to see if I could work out whether the issue was the way the pieces were being created since the update or whether it was the way the msf was being generated. I made two msf's with a couple of older pieces in each and one of the them failed to import but the other seemed to work. Not sure what that all means.

Guy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Version 3.8.32 Released (Important notes for Windows users) - by Oz Cello - 04-19-2024, 05:10 PM